Friday, November 4, 2016

Tupelo Designs LLC - Giving Thanks


Happy Friday!  Wow!  What a week it's been!  Halloween on Monday, The World Series (Go CUBS!) and yesterday was the Pasta Party!  I don't know about you but I'm beat!   A few plans for this weekend too!  Roger's next meet on Saturday isn't too far from home - only about an hour so no excuses - it's getting late in the season and I haven't seen him run once.  Most of the meets are out of state or several hours away.   I'm hoping to have my parents over for dinner on Sunday too!
I'm playing today with the Concord & 9th Give Thanks Stamp set and Layering Leaves Dies!  I love being on the Tupelo Designs LLC design team - there are so many of my favorite brands I get to work with.  But before I was on the team I was a customer.  I still like to treat myself (usually once a month) to a box of goodies!

They are my favorite store because they have great customer service, shipping is always free (no coupon required and $50 minimum for Canada) and they're QUICK - my order always arrives within 2 days (on stock items) and is packaged beautifully.  They have the products I want from lots of great brands!
I stamped the leaves (or are they feathers?) with Altenew inks - the store has them in stock and they're great for multi stamped images. I made sure to put lighter color leaves in the center of the design where the "Give Thanks" sentiment would be stamped.
The Layering Leaves die set is incredible.  These dies are amazing with or without the coordinating die set.   I love the intricate design that is ideal for layering color! 

I cut three of the heart shaped leaves on a white card stock panel leaving room for my sentiment.   Next I added distress ink around the cut edges before inserting the white die cut leaves back in the openings. 
I added a watercolor panel behind the cover.  I painted with distress ink in the same colors I did the shading with. 


OK one more card!  I had so much fun stamping the leaves that I thought I'd try something less random.  I started by stamping four leaves pointed out in a cross pattern.  Then I flipped the leaves around (pointy side toward the center of the pattern) and stamped more. 
The sentiment stamped on white card stock and adhered to the center of the design hides all the stems that meet in the center.  I love the rainbow of color! 

If you haven't tried Tupelo Designs LLC yet I sure hope you'll give them a try!  I know you'll be glad you did!   

What will you make today?




Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Concord & 9th Give Thanks
Dies | Concord & 9th Layering Leaves
Sequins | Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear

7 comments:

cm said...

Only one response: love, love and love! Inspiration sparked to try new things with this set! And yes, yayyyyyy Cubs! Your days sound busy in wonderful ways! Enjoy the meet!
Hugs~c

Renee said...

Only you can make bright colored leaves look so incredible!
I love them all...
just gorgeous!!

Lisa Elton said...

These are delightful Jeanne, such pretty colors!!

BenteS said...

Gorgeous cards with all those bright colors.
and fantastic design on your cards!

Diane Jaquay said...

LOVE these, Jeanne!

Michele K. Henderson said...

I love this gorgeous color, Jeanne! These are fantastic!
Take care!
Michele

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...just fabulous Jeanne, so many incredible cards.