Sunday, November 27, 2016

Poppystamps Mint Butterfly


I know you were expecting a holiday card right? Sometimes the unexpected can be delightful! I've been playing more and more with watercolors and wanted to try for something really soft this time. I started by painting a really loose wash on some card stock. I love the mint color that I achieved! 

I cut the Spinning Circles on the watercolor panel. I wanted to keep the Bellina Flora die cut the same color as the background so I cut it from the same watercolor paper.

I chose a small sentiment that would fit in the lower corner of the panel. The Thank You from the Flower Patch Clear Stamp Set was the perfect shape and size. 

I layered the panel over a card - again made from the same watercolor paper. I made sure the inside of the card was the smooth side of the watercolor paper so I will have an easy time stamping a sentiment inside or writing a personal note. I wanted to show those beautiful Spinning Circles off so I adhered it with adhesive foam tape so it's popped up.
I'm glad I tried something new and am so happy with how this turned out! What will you make today?



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Poppystamps Flower Patch
Dies | Poppystamps Bellina Flora, Spinning Circles


4 comments:

Julye said...

Love the colours , just the thing to make me think of spring on a dull and wet day like today.

BenteS said...

Beautiful card!
So delicate and elegant!
Love the colours you achieved ;))

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous! Love the inkyness! xxx

Lisa Elton said...

Oh how pretty!! Love everything about this card!!