Friday, November 11, 2016

Tupelo Designs - Beautiful Lady



Happy Friday!  Are you ready for the weekend?  We're still doing lots of projects around the house.  This is a good time of year for yard work - not too hot and not too cold.  There's still some projects going on inside the house too.   We tore the carpet out of my daughter's room and the next step is installing the new laminate flooring!

I'm happy to report I'm officially on the Design team for Tupelo Designs LLC. I was on a two month trial and I passed!  YAYYY!   Even if I didn't make the cut I'd still love this store.  I was a customer before I made the team, and I'll stay true after.  I love that I can find all my favorite brands in one place.  Better yet?  Shipping is always free in the US ($50 minimum orders Canada).  AND they're QUICK.  I've received every IN STOCK order in just 2 days.  Always Federal Express and everything wrapped beautifully.  
One of my favorite brands that you'll find in the store is Altenew - seriously I don't think anyone else has better floral stamps.  Living in the Midwest our summers are very short - I miss my garden this time of year - I wont be planting again until next May/June!!   I love having a beautiful assortment of floral images to choose from close at hand. 
I created a watercolor background using Tim Holtz distress inks on Tim Holtz Watercolor Paper.   I normally use CANSON XL - but wanted to give this one a try.  It is much whiter than any other brand I've tried.  It's really excellent quality - heavy and not prone to warp if you tape it down before you paint on it.   I dipped a water brush in drops of the ink and just spread it on watercolor paper.   They blend beautifully.    I cut the panel with the Avery Elle WONKY STITCHES die - it adds a pretty pattern along the outer edges of the panel.   I decided to leave the Altenew BEAUTIFUL LADY flower uncolored so that it doesn't compete with the background. 
I stamped the sentiment on a die cut flag with Versafine ink.  I cut the flag with the same Tim Holtz watercolor paper so that it would match the background. 
Want to go shopping?   It's always nice to treat yourself!  I'm having some dental surgery on Monday (another implant getting started).  I have a box waiting for me to open when I get back from the dentist.    I bought some things a week ago and will have it ready to open when I'm feeling good again.  It will be nice to loose myself in some new goodies and gives me something to look forward to.  Here's a link to the Tupelo Designs LLC store



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Altenew Beautiful Lady
Dies | Avery Elle Wonky Stitches | Altenew Beautiful Lady






8 comments:

Renee said...

Congratulations!!
And such a gorgeous card!! :)

~amy~ said...

super pretty, love the watercoloring!

Nancy Penir said...

Congrats, Jeanne! who wouldn't want Queen Jeanne on their team??? Can't wait to behold all your gorgeous creations! Like this Lovely card, and beautiful watercolor!

Karen Day said...

Jeanne, this is just stunning!

Diane Jaquay said...

Such a gorgeous, colorful background for that beautiful flower!!

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful watercoloring, the is lovely!

Jen Mitchell said...

These colors are so vibrant. Such a beautiful card!

Darnell said...

What a brilliant card design having the vibrant watercolored background and then leaving the floral b/w! I adore this, Jeanne! Thanks for the tip about Tupelo, a company I've never heard about. And, darn, wouldn't you know I just placed a couple of orders ... next time I'll check them out. Congratulations to them for being smart enough to select you for the Design Team!! Good luck on Monday, my friend. That was so smart to hold your box to have a distraction afterwards! Hugs, Darnell