Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Birch Press Design Watercolor Wildflowers

Thanks for stopping by! I'm sharing a card today featuring the Birch Press Design Watercolor Wildflowers! They're three layer stamps - so they have lots of dimension. Always start with the lightest color first and then add darker colors for each layer. The leaves and stems are clean and simple and there are coordinating die cuts for all the images in the set. 

I started by watercoloring a panel with Peerless Watercolors. I splashed some white over the panel for a splotchy effect. Next I adhered the Delfina Layer B die over the watercolor panel. I knew I wanted to use the Delfina Layer die, but which one? I didn't want the flowers to compete with the bold blue watercolor background, but I didn't want to cover it up either. I had to find some balance. The Layer B was perfect - enough white to create a base for the flowers, and enough opening to let the watercolor background show through.

I usually lay a sheet of clear transparency over the base of my card and play around with arranging the different die cuts. When I'm happy with the arrangement I adhere them in placed. You'll notice some of the dies are adhered to the base (stems and one leaf), while others are adhered with adhesive foam tape (the flowers and leaves) adding dimension. 
This photo shows the dimension better.
What will you make today?











Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Birch Press Design Watercolor Wildflowers

2 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Simply stunning Miss Jeanne!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is STUNNING!!!