Sunday, November 20, 2016

Pink Snow


I've always been sort of non traditional when it comes to most holidays. I think that's because I sort of "expect" certain colors to come out at certain times of year. I love to be surprised with something unexpected. When I started making this snowy scene I originally gravitated to the traditional blues.. but my paintbrush went for the pinks.. and I'm oh so glad they did because I love how this card turned out. 

This card was really simple to make. I started with a base of Watercolor paper and painted Peerless in different shades of pink and red. I splattered white acrylic paint to add to the snowy look.
Now to set the scene. A big snowy GRAND PINE TREE die cut looks so majestic here!
And a small PLAYFUL FAWN is finding his way home on this snowy day! I cut the dies from the same water color paper I painted on so that the white areas would be the same shade.
What will you make today?




Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Dies | Poppystamps Grand Pine Tree, Playful Fawns





4 comments:

!neke said...

Beautiful , love that tree !!!!!!

Lisa Elton said...

This is artsy and cool Jeanne!!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow....lovely card Jeanne. That pink is amazing!

cm said...

Oh my! Swooning over your pink snow! Gorgeous background for your pretty tree! You've inspired me to think outside the blue...er, box...*grin*
Hugs~c