Saturday, April 13, 2013

Paper Sweeties April Release Day 2 - Beautiful Day

It's Day Two of the Paper Sweeties April Release Festivities!   Think Spring with this release - April Showers - May Flowers and lots of new things!  I'm showing one of the four new sets every day - so you're going to have to stay tuned to see the next two.  The set I'm using today is called "Make Today Beautiful".  It features two types of flowers, leaves, a flower pot and some sentiments.  Everything you need to make a beautiful card!  I love it when a set has a little bit of everything like this one does.  

I paper pieced the flowers and added pearls for their centers.  Yes these daisies have polka dots and don't they look fab in orange?  Yep!  Had to add some of my new addiction - Ric Rac to this one too - love the big bold 1/2" shown here.

Hop on over to the Paper Sweeties Blog to see the creations from the rest of the design team and while you're there - LEAVE A COMMENT - one random comment will be selected from those entered between April 8-16 to win a $20 gift certificate for the Paper Sweeties Store.  See you tomorrow for more Paper Sweeties April Releases.

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  5.75  x 5.75"
Stamps:  Paper Sweeties PS62 Make Today Beautiful
Pattern Paper:  Basic Grey Fact Collection, Fiction Collection 6x6" Pad
Card Stock:  Papertrey Ink Vintage Cream, Stampin Up Tangerine Tango
Ribbon:  Neutral Button Twine, 1/2" Ric Rac Orange May Arts, 7/8" Ivory Double Face Satin Ribbon Boutique (Hobby Lobby)
Pearls:  Recollections
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black

8 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Simply gorgeous Jeanne!

Jean Bullock said...

I don't usually like orange, but in this case I will make an exception. Lovely card.

Cathy Weber said...

Ooh! That flowerpot reminds me of burlap...been seeing a lot of that lately, love all those pretty flowers and I see some ric rac and lots of pearls! Very cute card Jeanne.

Vickie Z said...

Yum!! Love the flowers/pot... bright and beautiful!!

Suzanne said...

Those flowers are super cute and I love the paper you chose to stamp them on. At first I thought it was fabric. Fantastic, Jeanne!

Maria said...

Lots of gorgeous polka dot flowers! Such a pretty card...love it!

Kim Heggins said...

Jeanne, this is so pretty! I am in love with your color scheme and those large pearls in the centers is so sweet.

~Tammy~ said...

OH you make me want to use orange more! I always gravitate to pink and aqua the most! I need to step out of my comfort zone and just create! You make the most delightful creations!