Monday, April 1, 2013

PSSC#6 - Tea Party!

Did you have a great weekend?  I had a house full of family and good food - what more can you ask for?  The week did really seem to fly though - I thought I'd enjoy more time with my son since he was on Spring break, but he was sick for most of it.  At least we got in a few lunches together!  The weather is finally starting to warm up a little - and it is starting to feel like Spring.  On the radio they had people calling in with the first thing they will do when the weather hits 50 degrees.  So many funny answers from putting away all my socks, to shutting off the furnace.  I thought of how I would answer that and decided I would have a fire in the yard!  I got my wish and sat out for a few hours over the weekend.  It was nice to get some sun and fresh air - and as a bonus there are no more stray sticks laying around!

Today I'm playing along with the Paper Sweeties Sketch Challenge.  If you are a fan you will have to check this out. The challenge runs for the entire month and you can win your choice of two sets of stamps.  We also have a new design team member joining us - Maria Patrick from Maria's Merry Makings - stop over and say hi!  Here's the sketch and an easy way to show off your favorite Paper Sweeties sentiment!  I can't help but think of the tea sets when I think of Paper Sweeties and Debbie the creator from The Shabby Tea Room.  I wanted a chintz pattern tea pot without the sentiment so I put regular tape over the sentiment, inked it up, removed the tape and then stamped the tea pot.  I used Versafine Onyx Black for a deep dark impression and then fussy cut it.   
I hope you will join us with this challenge this month -and see all the beautiful things you can make with these stamps.  You can get all the details here.  New releases will be featured later in the month April 13-16.

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Paper Sweeties: PS53 Join Me For Tea, PS-56 Tea For Two
Pattern Paper:  Crate Paper "Fourteen" Collection 6x6" Pad
Card Stock:  Vintage Cream Papertrey Ink, Stampin Up Pool Party
Dies:  Cheery Lynn French Pastry, Spellbinders Foliage, Sizzix 3D Flowers
Fibers:  1/8" RIc Rac Decorative Trim (Hobby Lobby), 5/8" Sheer Ruffle Edge Light Blue May Arts
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Extras Pearl, Blue Felt

6 comments:

Vickie Z said...

Love this bright cheerful teapot!! Spring has sprung here...cross fingers I didn't just jinx something!! Yep, I'm a bright bold kinda girl! Took today off...just 'cause I needed to..and saw my first Bluejay for the year...gorgeous and he/she would look fabulous with your colors/teapot!! Blues, blacks, white...lovely.. And to your card...the pop of red is fab! We had a quiet Easter...so unusual!

Pauline said...

This is beautiful Jeanne, such gorgeous papers and I love that blue rolled rose.

Maria said...

Awww...thank you for the shout out for me and welcoming me to the team! Your card is so lovely! You highlighted the teapot so well with lovely print, ribbon, and sweet rolled flower! Take care, hugs!

Sharron said...

Love your teapot done in that pretty flowered paper--so pretty! Wonderful mix of patterned paper and colors--looks like a fun tea party to me!!

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my, can I come for the tea party? This is just so sweet, I love that tea pot with that beautiful blue rose and bow. So adorable.

estetik said...

I hope everyone had a beautiful Easter weekend. I always like making the "day after" a big holiday a big lazy holiday for ME.
Estetik