Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Serendipity Stamps Spring Release - Pear

Pear Stamp and Die SetHi everyone!  I have two posts today - if you are looking for my 12 Kits of the Holidays - please scroll down - you will want to check this post out as well because there is some blog candy to be had!!  So glad you stopped by today!   I'm so excited to share with you part of the new Serendipity Spring Release!   Today the design team is featuring the new pear stamp and die set.  The set features a fancy die cut pear, a matching pear set and a sweet sentiment.  These items are also available separately.     To show you some of the possibilities I used the die and the stamp on different projects.   My first card features the die cut pear in gold foil on a card loaded with lots of trims and embellishments.
 For my second card I inked up the stamp in different colors.  This was easy to do using the tear drop shaped ink pads - I used Memento.  First I inked up the  bottom edge of the pear with red.  Next I inked up the entire part (yes even the part I inked in red) with Cantaloupe.  Last I inked up the stem. 
I added a little button topped with a gem as an embellishment.   The sentiment is stamped on the pattern paper, and across the top is a simple border punch and ribbon.
I hope you will see what the rest of the design team made with this beautiful new intricate die.  Just click on their names below.  And please leave a comment.  One lucky winner will receive the pear stamp and die set!  You have until 5-3-13   to leave a comment to be included in the drawing.   The winner will be announced on 5-6-13 on the Serendipity Stamps blog.




More new releases will be featured this Thursday - May 2 - with another fantastic give away!  If you love Serendipity Stamps I hope you'll join us at the Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog where a new challenge is announced twice a month and you can win a $20 discount off your next order.

Jeanne

Supplies Used: 
Gold Foil Pear - Finished Size: 5.75" x 5.75"
Stamps:  Serendipity 032D SM Thank You
Dies:  Pear Serendipity, Spellbinder Twisted Metal Tags & Accents
Ribbons:  5/8" Taffeta Iridescent Ivory May Arts, 7/8" Cluny Fan Simplicity, Button Twine Ivory May Arts, 3/4" Velvet Parrot Green May Arts
Pattern Paper:  Bo Bunny Cest La Vie Collection 12" Cest La Vie Couturiere, Art Nouveau Voila! 
Card Stock:  Papertrey Ink:  New Leaf, Stampin Up Very Vanilla, Graffix Gold Foil
Misc:  Wood Button, Hat Pin Ribbon Reel
Ink:  Versafine Vintage Sepia
Misc:  Bo Bunny Cest La Vie Noreworthy Journaling Tags (Envelope)
5/8" Yellow Rose Wild Orchid Crafts

Stamped Pear  - Finished Size:  5" x 7"
Stamps:  Thanks So Much 471QCL Serendipity
Dies:  Spellbinder Grand Decorative Ovals One, Grand Decorative Ovals
Pattern Paper:  Bo Bunny Cest La Vie "Art Nouveau" Voila!
Card Stock:  Papertrey Ink Vintage Cream, White, Stampin Up! Gumball Green
Ink  Versafine Olympia Green, Memento Cantaloupe, Lady Bug, Bamboo Leaves
Buttons:  Orange Button Stampin Up!  Wood Button Basic Grey, Gem: Recollections
Ribbon:  1/4" Olive Grosgrain, Button Twine Ivory May Arts

29 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Jeanne this is so gorgeous, I think that pear is brilliant and die cut using he gold foil is perfect!

Marybeth said...

Oh Jeanne ,I would never have been able to add all the details to a card ,like you did here and have it turn out as gorgeous as this one ! You have a gift,love this ! Your stamped card is gorgeous too!

Kathy said...

Love the new die and stamp pear set. Your cards are wonderful and I especially like the paper used. Especially the music and vintage look paper.

Cathy Weber said...

Whoa. Look at this! What an elegant and super creative way to showcase the pear die and stamp. I love all the great detail on the first card...that envelope is amazing...the bow and stickpin, just beautiful Jeanne. I knew you would be able to dress up the pear die to make an elegant card! Love the second with the different colors on the pear...why didn't I think of something like that...so pretty!

happygrammy said...


I love the colors you used on the pear! So beautiful!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...that pear is amazing and I love that you cut it out of gold. It gives your card an amazing rich look with the green and yellow...what a stunning thank you card!

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card!!Love the colors!

Kati K "Millis" said...

Amazing,the whole card is beautiful? There are so much in it but still - not too much!

Sabrina said...

WOW!! Both of your cards are simply gorgeous!!

Joyce said...

Both of your cards are so detailed and beautiful.

Pauline said...

Both stunning creations Jeanne, I love the embellished first card, so you! And your second is a great example of clever inking and stamping! Fabulous inspiration here!

McStamper said...

Great cards. Love all the different elements you added.

Sue Speck said...

Beautiful layouts - loved the scalloped music trim!

Sharron said...

Both are gorgeous! I'm in awe of all those amazing elements you used on the first one! I could never do that. The pear in gold looks awesome!!

Karen McAlpine said...

The pear die cut looks so pretty done in the gold foil!! Great projects!

niconick said...

Your cards are awesome. I particularly enjoyed the collage card--that was brilliant!

Miriam said...

Love the collage style of your first card and the bright colors of your 2nd card!! Very unique!

Amy Marshall said...

I love the idea to ink the pear in different colors. Wonderful idea.

Amy Marshall said...

Love the idea of using different color ink on the pear. Beautiful cards.

Amy Martin said...

Holy smokes these are beautiful. I love the details of the first one so much. Wonderful job.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

The colors of your cards are fabulous. Great job. Thanks for sharing.

Renee said...

Jaw dropping gorgeous!!
That die is ...
excuse the pun...
to die for...
it's gorgeous!!
Love it in the gold...
so elegant.
And then stamped with the gradient color...
you constantly amaze me with your creativity.

Deborah Frings said...

These cards are just so you!! I love the first one with the pretty layers, tags and sweet little pocket. I do like the pear die and stamp!

Vickie Z said...

Jeanne...how wonderful are these...so totally busy, frou-frou, full of "stuff" ( well not stuff...treasures!). LOVE them both!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely embellished card with the gold pear and love how you shaded the pear stamp on the second card - great projects !

Maria said...

Wow!!! That pear is super gorgeous...love it! So many goodies on your lovely card! What creativity to use that pear in different ways...so pretty!!!

Donna F W said...

So very pretty!

Unknown said...

your thank you card is probably my favorite one out of all the ones I've seen on the blog hop using the pear!

Lisa Minckler said...

You know I think at first your style is modern shabby and then I think, edgy retro, but then you go and mix them and dangit if I can't think of how to categorize your style. Eclectic bliss I think I'll call it!
Awesome job on this beauty my friend. :)