Wednesday, April 24, 2013

CASE Study #138 - Hey Buddy!


Time for your weekly does of CASE Study Inspiration.  Our muse this month is the incredibly talented JJ Bolton of Ribbon Girls Blog.  JJ has such a clean style - always full of color, and usually some thought provoking element.  This week's inspiration photo includes a silhouette image of a girl flying a kite that sails in a sunny sky.  

Now I realize my card probably looks really simple to most of you, but I have to tell you how proud I am for creating my very first cloudy sky background!   I always say CASE makes me try new things and here's another good example of something I've been putting off because it looked way too complicated to me.  It was actually easier than I thought and it only took a few tries before I was happy with the shape of my clouds and the ratio of blue to white.  I found lots of tutorials on Utube.  I just used a piece of hand cut card stock and some Ranger/Tim Holtz distress ink.

If you need a little more inspiration I hope you'll check out some of the other CASE design team examples - just click on the names below.

Don't forget to check out our special guest DT member Ms. Anya Schrier from Life is What You Make It blog!

Chupa - Iwona Palamountain
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Christina MacLaren
Clare Buswell
Debbie Hughes
Jean Martin
Maureen Plut
Teneale Williams

Case is looking for some new Design Team members!  If you're interested you can get all the details here!  Thanks for stopping by -  I hope I see you over at CASE Study Challenge Blog!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.5 x  6.25"
Stamps & Dies :  Papertrey Ink Fly Away
Ink:  Stampin Up Real Red, Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger/Tim Holtz Distress Tumbled Glass
Card Stock:  Papertrey Ink White
Twine:  Twinery Maraschino

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Εveryοne loѵеs what you guyѕ tеnd tο be
up too. Such clеѵer worκ and expοsure!
Keep up the awesome works guys І've incorporated you guys to blogroll.

Here is my website; villa for sale cannes

Jill Norwood said...

Jeanne - awesome clouds my dear! I love how this card turned out! Just so fun and beautiful!

JJ Bolton said...

Jeanne!!! Did you see my CASE card today? It must be kismet that we used the same stamp set:) We must have been telepathically sending each other messages, lol! (Love that!)

Your card is absolutely adorable and your clouds are PERFECT! You hand cut those clouds? Wowsa!

You're the best girl! XOXO

Joyce said...

I am proud of you. This card is CAS-tacular! Love your clouds and sky and also your double banner from the airplane.

Kim Heggins said...

Just so fun and that airplane is so sweet with the banners, Perfect!!!

Marybeth said...

Wow… great job on the sky! Love adorable card ! Very crisp and clean! Like a spring day!

Vickie Z said...

Ha...it is hard climbing out of the comfort zone but, you did good!! Your clouds are perfect and love the airplane!!

Sharron said...

WOW-perfect!! Your clouds are so wonderful and I love that little plane!

Vickie Z said...

Your clouds are wonderful and love that plane!!

Christina said...

Your sponged clouds are fantastic! Love this CAS design (is there any style you can't do?).

Lisa Minckler said...

I've missed SOOO much! This card is super duper adorable. Very CAS and gets right to the point but with a classy and fun and masculine edge. Terrific!!