Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Waltzingmouse Christmas Card Challenge - February - Hearts

Have you been playing along with the Waltzingmouse Christmas Card Challenge?  This is an opportunity to make a few Christmas cards each month so that you won’t be in a panic come December.  It's also a great way to get some inspiration for how to put good use to those Waltzingmouse stamps.  We all know that December brings enough panic making preparations and gift buying without adding the pressure of having to make 50 cards in one month, so why not get started today?  You can see the latest challenge and get more information here.


Here's the good part - prizes are to be had and you can start joining the challenges any time you like - meaning if you're like me and didn't get to the February challenge until April - that's ok.  Post your project in April and link it up to the Gallery and leave a comment in the forum so other visitors can check it out!
February's challenge was to incorporate a heart into your project.   I stamped the striped candies from "Candy Jar Christmas Fillers" and die cut them into heart shapes to go along with  the "Candy Wagon" image.  The hard part for me was deciding if I like it better in red or green.  I'll let you decide.

  
 Have a great day!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  4.25 x 6.25"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Candy Wagon, Candy Jar Christmas Fillers, Candy Jar Christmas
Dies:  Cheery Lynn Polynesian Sails, Spellbinder Petite Ovals, Grommet Tags, Classic Hearts, Waltzingmouse Cut File Candy Wagon
Extras: Silver Eyelets, Gems
Pattern Paper:  October Afternoon Holiday Style Collection 8x8" Pad
Card Stock:  Pure Poppy, Vintage Cream, New Leaf Papertrey Ink
Ink:  Real Red, Gumball Green Stampin Up!, Onyx Black Versafine
Ribbon:  May Arts 5/8" Taffeta Iridescent Ivory, 3/4" Velvet Woven Burgundy and Parrot Green, Twinery Pea pod and Maraschino Twine

10 comments:

Jill Norwood said...

Oh my goodness these are both so fun! I like both the red and the green version! And I love the oval die from CLD that you used! It is a favorite of mine too! Beautiful and gorgeous Holiday cards dear!!!!

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Gorgeous cards, loving the design! :)

Pauline said...

These are both amazing Jeanne, I love the layers and the fabulous bow and twine danglys!

Cathy Weber said...

I love both versions of this card Jeanne, favorite is the red one, just because I love red for Christmas cards. The neat band and label remind me of Santa's belt and I love those candy candy hearts!

Vickie Z said...

I like red and green....no picking favs today!! Love how you converted the candyto hearts....clever!! Gorgeous cards Missy!!

Renee said...

I love them both...
they are both stunners and love how you worked in those "candy" hearts!!
You constantly amaze me with how utterly creative you are...
and I shouldn't be because I KNOW that I'm gonna be gobsmacked when I come to visit! :)

Sharron said...

Gosh, love them both! Your candy hearts are just amazing. You always add the most fantastic details!!

Deborah Frings said...

Oh these are just super! I love the candy wagon and the sweet little heart candies on the twine. I love, love the green version!

Kim Heggins said...

Jeanne, this is another one of your amazing cards and then you made two of them. The red is my favorite even though green is my favorite color. I love that you used the candy wagon for Christmas, just so genius!

~Tammy~ said...

Holy gorgeousness! Wow! I just love this awesome stand!!! Love them both! Your die-cuts backdrops are always fabulous!