Thursday, April 18, 2013

MMB#9 - Amazing!

Hi friends!  Hope you are all doing well - it's been a really busy week for me and I was so happy to have time to play at one of my favorite places - WPlus9 Monday Mood Board.  A new inspiration photo is posted by Dawn every Monday and there is always plenty to draw from.  Look at this beauty with the rustic linen, crochet, plaid and floral elements!  I immediately homed in on the red and green and the crochet.   I stamped a pattern of pretty paisley on a field of leaves and flowers and added a crochet flower (thanks mom!).  I know I'm lucky - my mom always makes me flowers with the left overs from her own projects.  I don't have a whole lot so I use them sparingly.  

The paisley was lots of fun to stamp - I like that I can "build my own" with whatever color I'm in the mood for! 

Have a great weekend - I hope you find some time to play!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  WPlus9 Quite Like You, Paisley Patterns
Die:  WPlus9 Border - Scallop Edge
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Stampin Up! Real Red, Gumball Green
Twine:  Twinery Peapod
Ribbon:  3/4" Lace Decorative Trim White - Decorative Trim (Hobby Lobby), Button Twine Red May Arts
Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink:  Pure Poppy, Stampers Select White
Misc:  Button, Crochet Flower (Thanks Mom!)

21 comments:

Pauline said...

Absolutely stunning Jeanne, so crisp and clean! I love your CAS design, and the wonderful stamped background.

Lisa Minckler said...

Gorgeous!! Love the red in this card and that crocheted flower from your mom has me green with envy!! LOL This is so beautiful Jeanne. Awesome job here :)
Lisa x

Helen Berry said...

Oh my word!! Jeanne you have SUCH ability to use colour so, so beautifully and the way you stamp - well i'm just in awe of you lady! I love these pretty paisley and flower stamps - gorgeous! xx sorry it's taken me so long to drop by and leave you some (very well deserved) comments - off to drool further!!

JJ Bolton said...

You *are* simply amazing!!!! I am loving what you are doing with the WPlus9 mood boards! The background stamping is just impeccable (as usual) and the crocheted flower is the perfect accent.

Hope you have a fantastic weekend hon!

Renee said...

I LOVE IT!!!
Now I really want the paisley set...
it looks so fabulous in these gorgeous colors...
which have me thinking strawberries...
food...
as always. :)
Gorgeous...
but I don't think you're capable of anything less!

Joyce said...

I just love this card. I am so glad I saw it, because I bought that paisley set, and it has been sitting on my desk taunting me all week. I couldn't figure out what the heck to do with all those stamps! If you don't mind, I'll be casing this gorgeous card.

Cathy Weber said...

This is so GOOD!!! It is such a good take on the inspiration photo, the colors are identical and the whole "mood" of it is the same. You are so lucky to have a mom to make those flowers for you! I love the little twine you added too. Really beautiful card Jeanne.

Kim Heggins said...

Jeanne this is sooooo pretty! I love that you used red and green and it is not a Christmas card. Love that sweet crocheted flower, a fabulous touch to your beautiful card.

Michelle said...

Wow, Jeanne! That's some beautiful stamping!! Don't you just love to create your own pattern paper!

Marybeth said...

Congrats on your win and GD spot at Wplus 9 ! I love the deep red flower your mom crochet for you it makes this sweet card! Love the paisley background you stamped too. Loved all your WMS cards too , you earned your keep with those! Hugs

Tracey McNeely said...

Jeanne this is gorgeous, I love your paisleys.

Maureen Merritt said...

Oh my, I didn't think I'd need those paisleys but you just changed my mind. This is fabulous!

Kara said...

gorgeous...looove those paisleys!

Maria said...

Very gorgeous colorful card! LOVE LOVE LOVE that crocheted flower!!! How sweet of your Mom to make you crocheted flowers! Take care, hugs!

Amy Kolling said...

Ahhh.....LOVE your paisleys Jeanne! This card is a stunner! Great embellishment with the flower from your mom. I am really enjoying the mood boards too! My Wp9 stamps have certainly gotten use this way!!! Have a great weekend!!!

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE this, Jeanne, especially your stampy background and yummy trims!

Vickie Z said...

Ahhh...you have the new stamps too...love the background and WHAT a sweet mom...crocheted flower looks fab!!

Larissa Heskett said...

I LOVE this FUN take on the challenge!! Such a Neat card!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

~Tammy~ said...

Gasp....so much pretty to feast my eyes on! I love love love the embellishment from your mom (lucky girl) I would hoard them too! The stamping is phenomenal! You have nailed every single inspiration photo you have ever created from and this is NO exception! Spot on lady!

Wendy said...

This is a very pretty card, Jeanne. I love the paisley is those happy and vibrant colors, is stunning.

Jen Carter said...

This is gorgeous Jeanne!! I love the unique crochet flower and the bits of twine and lace! Very pretty!