Thursday, April 11, 2013

WPlus9 Monday Mood Board #8 - Beautiful Blooms

Another rainy day.... good excuse to stay inside and get things done right?  Stayed up late last night playing around with this one.  Sometimes it's wonderful to have an idea in your head (vs. starting out empty) but wow - when you can't get it all to come together exactly the way you want it to... what a struggle.  Finally got this one right and am content with it.  That's usually how I know I'm done - when I don't have that little nagging saying "somethings not right here".   Sometimes they slip through even with the nagging going on - but  not today.  Totally happy with this one.    


I'm playing along with the Monday Mood Board over at WPlus9 - and as always some gorgeous inspiration.  I dont' know where Dawn comes up with these - I'm thinking maybe she drew this one.   I saw the big pink flowers surrounded by all the bitty ones and that image just stuck in my head.  I think I opened every single WPlus9 set I own to find just what I was looking for here.   I love all the color!

The two big blooms I stamped in pink and then colored with Copic markers (I wanted those orangey yellow centers like in the picture) and fussy cut.  They are the only dimension on this otherwise "flat" yes...sigh... one layer card.  It's like riding your bike for the first time not holding the handle bars "look mom! no hands!"  I did it!! YAYYY!!!
Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by for a peek!  Hope the sun is shining for you!! And ... TGIF!!!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size 5x7"
Stamps:  WPlus9 Embroidered Bouquet, Very Vintage Florals, Very Vintage Greetings, Woodgrain Silhouettes
Card Stock:  Stampin Up Pink Pirouette, Papertrey Ink vintage Cream
Ink:  Copic, Momento Sweet Plum, Lulu Lavender, Tangelo, Rosebud, Stampin Up! Gumball Green, Certainly Celery, Versafine Onyx Black
Pearls Michaels

11 comments:

Marybeth said...

Stunning! Gorgeous ! Love it!

Lisa Minckler said...

It's the most beautiful array of blooms and leaves ever! The texture on the green leafs is gorgeous Jeanne. It's such a great feeling when a plan comes together. :)
Happy weekend!
hugs,
Lisa x

Wida said...

Your stamping is phenomenal! the layout is perfect.

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous Jeanne, your cards are always such eye candy to me!

Joyce said...

This is so bright and beautiful. Love your composition--I think everything is just perfectly placed.

Vickie Z said...

LOVE IT!! The blend of the colors and different stamps is perfect!!

Pauline said...

Beautiful Jeanne, such lovely colours!

Pauline said...

This is beautiful Jeanne

Anabelle O'Malley said...

The mix of patterns and colors is so pretty!!!

Dawn said...

I would be quite happy with it too Jeanne, it's beautiful! I love the eclectic mix of the different styles of flowers. It adds so much interest and is unexpected. And, yes, I did watercolor that one. LOL Not the best, but all of the Monday Mood Boards are originals that I throw together. Thanks for the kind words and so happy to hear that you are enjoying the feature. :)

Suzanne said...

The stamping is perfect and just so beautiful!