Monday, April 8, 2013

The Shabby Tea Room #161 - Shabby Spring

So what have I been up to - I know it's sort of quiet on my end lately.  Well can I just say two words?  Spring Fever?  The weekend was so unseasonably warm and beautiful that I couldn't resist spending more than a few hours outside!  I'm still crafting at night but mostly trying to get ahead for upcoming events.  Today  its back to ick! Rain!  But I'm keeping on the bright side hoping all those April showers bring May flowers.  So what do May flowers bring?  Buzzy Bees!! 

Look at this gorgeous inspiration photo from The Shabby Tea Room.  You are instructed to make a project with inspiration from the photo and to make it shabby!!   I made this floral birthday card with some mulberry flowers and a fussy cut sentiment from Serendipity Stamps.  The musical note leaves are my shabby part - I've distressed them a little gold acrylic paint for a little extra shine.  The embossed kraft background has been inked up as well with a chalky pink to bring out the pattern a bit.
Wherever you are I hope the sun is shining and you are having a great day!

Jeanne




Pattern Paper: Echo Park Vicrotria Garden Collection “Journaling Cards”, “Botanical Ballad”
Solid Paper: Papertrey Ink Fine Linen, Sweet Blush
Dies: Cheery Lynn Nautical Wheeler 
Stamp: Happy Birthday - Serendipity 
Embossing Folder Cuttlebug Paper Lace 2 
Ink: Versa Magic Pixie Dust, Versafine Onyx Black 
Ranger Adirondack Metallics Acrylic Paint Dabber Gold 
Mulberry Roses, Pins Ribbon Reel 
Pearl Ring His & Hers 7/8” Satin Ribbon Dusty Rose Double Face by Ribbon Boutique

16 comments:

Lisa Minckler said...

Well, I'm certainly having a super day now!! Your beautiful card just made my morning. The element of the musical leaves are perfectly shabby chic and all the inking you've done really does bring the pattern to the forefront so much!!
Gorgeous work my friend...as always :)
hugs,
Lisa x

Tracey McNeely said...

This is so beautiful Jeanne. I love the colour of the Cheery Lynn doily and all those lovely flowers.

Debbie said...

So pretty, Jeanne ... love all those pretty blooms! Spring fever here too!! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room this week, sweetie :)

Pauline said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jeanne, I love the collection of flowers and die cuts with that beautiful paper.
It sure is shining here in Siesta Key!

Cathy Weber said...

This is so pretty Jeanne! I love all those flowers and the note leaves...the stick pins are so pretty too. Oh, just noticed the little ribbon wrapped around it too, so pretty and totally shabby!

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous card Jeanne! Love the roses,they look like the bouquet my neighbor brought over last week. love the shabby music leaves!

Kara said...

Spring!! love those beautiful flowers!

Laurie said...

This is GORGEOUS! I love those flowers and the pins! And the inked leaves! So many pretty details! Thanks for everything Jeanne!!

Peanut said...

Oh what a lovely card, Jeanne! Stunning flowers and your picked a gorgeous paper to the background. WOW!!! Absolutely stunning...as always!
hugs, Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

Kristi said...

Gorgeous!! I saw your card in the latest issue of CARDS: congrats!!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is just gorgeous, Jeanne. It's definitely Springy and Shabby, and wish you the best of luck in this challenge. Very pretty! I love the music sheet leaves, that's a really sweet touch. I love your sweet crafting style, and if you get a moment, I'd just LOVE to have you stop by and share with us at Word Art Wednesday. Our challenges are always Anything Goes, and it would be a blessing to have you share your talents with us. Have a blessed week, and thanks for inspiring me with your lovely work.
Blessings to you,
Karen Letchworth
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com - my challenge blog
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com - my personal blog

Kim Heggins said...

Wow Jeanne, this is one amazing card. So many wonderful details and your flowers are so beautiful. This is the perfect shabby chic birthday card.

Marybeth said...

PS Congrats I see you are published in so many more books. You go girl!!!

Mary Ann said...

AWESOME!Love your card,Love the flowers!

Renee said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!
But they always are.
I wish I could put on the fru-fru like you...
you do it so amazingly and I'm always so inspired! :)

Rebekah said...

So beautiful and Spring like! Love those flowers and such pretty details.
Thanks for sharing with us over at The Shabby Tea Room this week!