Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Waltzingmouse April Blog Party - Spring Flowers

It's the 17th!  You know what that means right?  Time to have a blog party over at Waltzingmouse Stamps!  At the beginning of the month a new theme is selected - you use your fave set of Waltzingmouse Stamps and we all post them on the 17th.  All the blogs that are participating are linked up here!    The theme this month is SPRING FLOWERS - so grab a cuppa and start hopping to see all the spring flower themed creations - it's sure to be a treat for the eyes!

I made a circular card with the Camellia set.   I stamped the flowers in colored ink and then shaded them in lightly with my Copic Markers.  For the background I stamped Pic Nic Patterns (so easy to match up!) and distressed the edges.  If you have an electronic cutter you might want to get the cut files - they saved me lots of time and look so much cleaner than my fussy cutting by hand. 
If you're loving all the flowers you might want to check this out!!  On April 19th Claire will be hosting a special Flower Show with a star-studded line up of crafters who will be posting WMS Flower projects to their blogs. It will be a "progressing" blog hop and there will be a grand prize of 5 stamp sets awarded to a lucky crafter who participates in a CASE competition.   Stay tuned to the Waltzingmouse blog on the 19th for more details.

Have a beautiful day!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  5 5/8 x 5 5/8
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Camellia, Pic Nic Patterns
Dies:  Waltzingmouse Camellia Cut Files, Spellbinder Grand Circles, Grand Scalloped Circles
Card Stock  Stampin  UP Pink Pirouette, Whisper White
Ink:  Ranger Distress Spun Sugar, Stampin Up Pink Pirouette, Gumball Green, Memento Angel Pink, Rosebud, Cantaloupe, Orange Zest,. Copic Markers, Versafine Onyx Black

25 comments:

Marybeth said...

GORGEOUS, THATS IT!

Pauline said...

So pretty Jeanne, I love the pastels, and the circular shaped card design!

walchowDesign said...

Pretty card! Love all the fresh colours!

Julia Aston said...

Look at you Jeanne - making a special card for the party - I was SO stamped out I cheated and used one of my sneak peeks! Your flowers are so pretty and I just love the font on that THANKS sentiment! I also LOVE round cards! super creation!

Renee said...

I agree with Marybeth...
GORGEOUS!!
That's it! :)
But I also KNEW it would be! :)

Jill Norwood said...

Jeanne I love this! So pretty! Love the colors of the flowers and the round card shape!

Lynn Mercurio said...

A bouquet of beautiful flowers. Love the fun shape!

Sarah said...

Very pretty shape and flowers...love the colours too.

Isabel Z said...

Wow, I love what you created!!!

Cathy Weber said...

You card could not be any "Springy-er" I know that isn't a word, but it sure does describe the beautiful flowers. The colors are so bright and I love that you made a round card! The cuts you got with your silhouette are absolutely spot-on, just like you used a die cut machine.

-Aneta- said...

Amazing colours ..candy sweet and perfect colouring !

Tracey McNeely said...

Jeanne this is just so beautiful. I love your circle shaped card and those flower are gorgeous gorgeous!

Clare said...

This is SO pretty! I always love your color combos! Just beautiful!

Joyce said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. I love how you colored the flowers, and putting them in a circle is just brilliant.

Kara said...

love the shape and the placement of the sentiment!

Vickie Z said...

Love those bold/bright Camellias (I made a purple one myself) Love the round card and, dang... I fussy cut... have the Cameo kinda' working--blade is not dropping like it should!! Hope the weather is warming up!!

Kim Heggins said...

Jeanne, wow! This is so beautiful, your flowers look so real.

Deborah Frings said...

Oh this is fabulous! Love the circular shape and those flowers are so beautiful! This really is such a cheerful card!

Gabi MeWi said...

Love your colors and this flowerstamp.

Kate said...

Gosh what a fabulous splash of colour !!! Love love love your colouring

Tara Cardwell said...

I've never thought of stamping in colour then using my copics - I always reach for black or grey. Totally goingt to try this now - thanks for the idea. Your card is absolutely STUNNING!

Kelly S. said...

The colors on this are sooo lovely, Jeanne! I just love how you layered the 3 camellias into the circle. I ordered the Grand Circle nesties after much hemming and hawing and can't wait to make cards like this. Now I am dying to get a Cameo even more because those cut flowers are perfection!

Kary said...

What a lovely card!! I love the Spring blooms, they look so bright and pretty.

Helen Berry said...

Beautiful flowers - lovely pastel spring blooms! Beautiful EVERYTHING, shape, flowers, sentiment - YUM!

Fay Marie said...

beautiful card!