Monday, April 15, 2013

Waltzingmouse April Release My Kind Of Guy

Oh my goodness!! So excited to share with you the new April Waltzingmouse Stamps release.   Here's one of those things in life that you just can't have too many of!  Something about that dancing mouse just makes my heart happy!  Here's  the scoop - there are three new sets being released.  The design team will be featuring a new set every day for three days (April 15-17).  We will do a blog waltz review of all the released stamps on April 18 - the same day the stamps hit the store. Today we are featuring a set called My Kind of Guy.
I know you are in a hurry to get to all the designer blogs so I will cut to the chase.  What can I say about this set?    I fell in love with the monocle image with the top hat and the wing tip shoe inspired border.  There are neat sentiments perfect for an proper English gent and I wanted to play up on that theme.   And YES that is a google eye inside the monocle!

The set includes a cool frame and the classic Waltzingmouse "extra bits" accent stamps included with the set that I used as photo corners  here.
One More - I thought I'd sneak some color in here for you!


Here's a list of all the designers participating in this hop.  Just click on their names to jump to their blog or you can start at the very beginning at Claire's Blog here.
Oh and don't forget there is a blog party on the 17th - the theme this month is Spring Flowers.  You can get all the details and link up your design on the 17th at the Waltzingmouse Makes Blog

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  
Old Bean Finished Size:  4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse My Kind of Guy
Pattern Paper:  October Afternoon 9to5 Collection 8x8" Pad
Card Stock:  Papertrey Ink:  True Black, Vintage Cream
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Dies:  Spellbinder Nested Pennants, Pinking Circles, Standard Circles
Misc. Google Eye

My Kind of Guy Finished SIze: 5x7"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse My Kind of Guy
Pattern Paper:  October Afternoon Sasparilla Collection 8x8" Pad
Card Stock:  Papertrey Ink:  True Black, Vintage Cream
Dies:  Spellbinder Standard Circles, Pinking Circles Lattice Rectangles
1.5" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon (THANKS JJ!!)
1/8" Corner Chomper Crop A Dile
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Misc:  Google Eye

Jolly Well Done Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse My Kind of Guy
Pattern Paper October Afternoon Midway Collection 8x8" Pad
Card Stock:  Papertrey Ink True Black, Vintage Cream
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Dies:  Spellbinder Standard Circles, Pinking Circles, Nested Penants
Button, Button Thread Black May Arts

30 comments:

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Oh, these are fabulous! I want to spend all day crafting with this set after seeing these!!!

Anonymous said...

Stunning cards, love the one with the pop of colour especially!

The Hardy Stamper said...

Fabulous cards! I love how you've used the googly eyes too!

Julia Aston said...

Wow Jeanne! love all 3 of your fun designs - great patterns and colors!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

LOL...you are such a hoot. It never occurred to me to use a googly eye. That's a brilliant idea! These cards are so much fun! Great job Jeanne, as always. Your contributions are so appreciated and loved.

Marybeth said...

Oh no , I am loving these cards way too much! You did a wonderful job making us want these stamps!

Vicki said...

Fantastic cards! Love the "old world" but modern look of this set

Cathy Weber said...

FABULOUS!!!! Every single one is fabulous. I especially love the first card in the black/cream combo. That is such a great border stamp included with the set...love the googly eyes, such a great touch to add to the cards. I also love the colorful version...I can see that card going to Carly...I think she would love that one, she always goofs around and tries to "speak British"!

Kelly S. said...

Ohhh that first one looks like an ad for a silent film! I love all of the black and white patterns together. And the googly eyed monocle, so cute! (I went clear with mine...eek, maybe that was too creepy of an idea?? Hee!) Love the sophistication of the plaid background and then you went and made it very World Fair with the ticket paper! You truly showcased the versatility of this set so well, Jeanne!

Renee said...

They're fabulous Jeanne!!
Love that black and white card and how you used the border...
I never thought to use it like that!
And the plaid on your 2nd one...
perfect!!
But my favorite is the tickets...
love that bright colorful background...
makes this set just pop off the page! :)
You did amazing...
as always! :)

Kyra said...

Love the variations on a theme, appreciate your detailed material list and think the googly eyes add just the right touch of whimsy.

Fay Marie said...

Fabulous cards!! Love the black and white combo and the use of googly eyes!!

Charlotte Zweigoron said...

Love 'em!!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, my gracious! These are just too fun! Such great, new stamps for our guys! LOVE 'em to bits!

Maria said...

Awwww...just too CUTE! Love this fun fun cards for guys! So creative and clever...love them! Take care, hugs!

Sarah said...

Gotta love googly eyes!! Really fun cards.

Lori said...

These are all fabulous and fun! Love the eye in the monocle - wonderful!

suezie said...

Fab, fab, fab! Love em'

Bumblebee said...

great cards, love the rainbow tickets one especially!

Vickie Z said...

Girl....love every single one!! All the black/white/patterns are fab and the ticket paper is perfect!! Can't wait to get my mitts on these!!

Helen L said...

WOW!! All three cards are amazing!! I'm pinning them all: thanks for the great inspiration!

LaurieJ said...

You cards are so much fun!! I love the monocle guy.

Sue D said...

Great cards--love the monocle image!

Becca Feeken said...

Wow Jeanne, these are amazing! On and the design paper is just the icing on top!

Joyce said...

These are all so very cute!

Tracey McNeely said...

The googley eyes are brilliant Jeanne! Love love love all of your cards, so perfect!

Deborah Frings said...

Brilliant! I just love all these cards. Loving the googly eyes and the splash of colour in your last card!

Kara said...

So awesome!! Love that google eye!!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow!!!! Your card is simply amazing and about the cutest thing ever!!! I love that google eye you used too, just too cute. Love it!

Jean Bullock said...

Love it, love it, love it. These are so coo!