Saturday, April 20, 2013

Serendipity Large Oval Months - March & April


If you've been following me you know I've been working my way through this beautiful set of month stamps from Serendipity Stamps.   I love all the sweet images that reflect the mood of the month they depict and what it's typically most known for. April of course is "April showers bring May flowers" so there are rain clouds, an umbrella with boots, and beautiful spring daffodils. I decided to add a rainbow - has to be one out there somewhere right? I think the buttons topped with the white pearls look like little clouds too!

 Looks like I am falling behind again.  I'm not big on excuses so I will just admit it - I should have posted this last month!  I hope you will bare with me and have a peek.  March "comes in like a lion and out like a lamb" right?  This March stamp features a kite flying in a windy sky and some pretty spring time flowers that I topped with bitty pearls.

 
Here's the finished card.  I added a pink lacy cut out border and repeated the yellow flowers from the stamp on to the final design.
If your a fan of Serendipity Stamps I hope you will join us at the Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog - it's twice a month and this time your project should have a stamped background.  You might even win $20 off your next order!

Thanks for stopping by and have a beautiful day!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  
March Finished Size 4.5 x 6.25"
Stamps:  Serendipity Large Oval Month March
Pattern Paper:  October Afternoon Cakewalk Collection 8x8" Pad
Card Stock:  Stampin Up Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Papertrey Ink Pure Poppy
Border Punch:  Martha Stewart Doily Lace
Twine:  Twinery Blossom
Ribbon:  May Arts 3/4" Twill Stripe Pink
Ink:  Copic Markers, Momento Tuxedo Black
Flowers:  Wild Orchid Crafts
Pearls:  Recollections (Michael's)

April  Finished Size:  4.25 x 6.25"
Stamps:  Serendipity Large Oval Month April
Pattern Paper:  My Minds Eye Moments Collection 6x6" Pad, My Mind's Eye Lime Twist Fly a Kite "Genuine" Sky 12 x 12
Card Stock:  Papertrey Ink Stampers Select White, Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, Lemon Tart, New Leaf
Dies:  Rainbow Lil Inkers, Spellbinder Labels 28
Buttons  Stampin Up
Pearls:  Recollections (Michael's)

9 comments:

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Beautiful cards with stunning colors! :-)

Pauline said...

Two very beautiful cards Jeanne, you always choose such pretty colours and paper combos.

Helen Berry said...

Two beautiful, bright cheery cards Jeanne - I adore that die cut rainbow - just wonderful x

~Tammy~ said...

Wow, these are totally awesome Jeanne! Love the bright springy colors!

Marybeth said...

I love these stamp of the month with the coordinating scenes. You do such a great job on them. Both are gorgeous! Love the paper you used on the March card.

Kim Heggins said...

Jeanne, both of your cards are just too cute! Love how you colored your months, so cheerful for March and April.

Karin Åkesdotter said...

FABULOUS cards! So Bright and happy! love them!

JJ Bolton said...

Hon, your cards are like paper sunshine!!! Just so vibrant and beautiful!

And don't worry about falling behind:) It happens to us all! Hugs!

Jill Norwood said...

These are so fun! I just love the idea of making these up for little notes to friends and family! What a sweet set of stamps! And your cards always WOW me Jeanne!!!!!