Friday, April 26, 2013

WMCCC - March - Navy & Lime


Have you been playing along with the Waltzingmouse Christmas Card Challenge?  This is an opportunity to make a few Christmas cards each month so that you won’t be in a panic come December.  It's also a great way to get some inspiration for how to put good use to those Waltzingmouse stamps.  We all know that December brings enough panic making preparations and gift buying without adding the pressure of having to make 50 cards in one month, so why not get started today?  You can see the latest challenge and get more information here.  Here's the good part - prizes are to be had and you can start joining the challenges any time you like - meaning if you're like me and didn't get to the February challenge until April - that's ok.  Post your project in April and link it up to the Gallery and leave a comment in the forum so other visitors can check it out.  

I'm still determined to get caught up so here is my submission for the March challenge which was a little trixie!  A color challenge of - get this - lime and navy.  Well I figured I can mix colors up with the best of them - red and purple, pink and red - but I can honestly say I've never done a navy and lime card until this one.  I stamped the snowflake background in Navy and that big ole Santa shoe print with the engraved tree in the lime green.   I think the colors added to the whimsy of the shoe print!  I had to add some gems because to me Christmas is all about the magic.
I hope it makes you smile - and maybe inspire you a bit to play along with the challenge.  There's enough magic in Christmas to spread around the whole year!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.5 x 6.25"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Santa Was Here
Card Stock:  Papertrey Ink Spring Rain, White, Enchanted Evening
Ink:  Momento Pear Tart, Stampin Up Pacific Point, Night of Navy
Dies:Spellbinder Standard Circles, Pinking Circles
Ribbon - 1.5" Lime Striped  Grosgrain (Thanks JJ!), Twinery Midnight Blue
Gems/Glitter Flourish:  Recollections

6 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Love it. I've always liked this set and the bling on the elf's shoe is superb! Another stunner!

Tracey McNeely said...

Great non-traditional colours Jeanne! Love that shoe.

Renee said...

Well of course it's gorgeous...
they always are...
but you know that this is gonna be a fave because you used what?
NAVY!!
I do love this color combo...
navy goes with (almost) everything...
and lime green lends it's fun...
but I am behind with these challenges...
I gotta get caught up...
maybe since we've got rain this weekend I can get a few done! :)
But love that stamped background...
and the lime ribbon with the blinged show...
dying!! :)

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...this is just about the cutest Christmas card ever made! That elf foot print is just so dang sweet, another WM set I have to have.

Suzanne said...

It DID make me smile! I love your cards, Jeanne! I just wanted to stop by to catch some paper sunshine and to say hi!

JJ Bolton said...

Only you can make that green and blue so Christmassy!! So crisply beautiful Jeanne!