Saturday, April 27, 2013

WPlus9 MMB #10 - Seaside Birthday

When I saw the Monday Mood Board over at WPlus9 I sort of hesitated about playing this week.  I saw the seaside inspiration and immediately thought of the "Guiding Light" set that has been on my wish list for a long time.  I don't have it so I guess I felt discouraged.  Like a moth to a flame I checked the site again yesterday and saw that lots of other people didn't have that set either - I expect most of us are buying more current sets before we can go back for older sets that we adore.  I felt inspired by the other designs I saw and got determined to make the most of what I do have.



It's been a few years since I've seen the ocean.  When my kids were younger it seemed like it was never a problem to take them out of school for a sea side escape.    These past few years it seems like it's been harder and harder to get everyone's schedules together (like aligning planets)  and I've been dreaming about going back again.  I'll paint a picture in words with my romantic notions of the ocean.  Picture yourself walking barefoot in the sand.  You are wearing a white battenburg lace dress, feeling the wind on your face, smelling the fresh salt air, and picking up little trinkets washed up by the waves - sea glass, shells - all made smooth from the waves and the sand....   Are you there yet?

OK then!  Nuff said!  Hoping to get to the ocean really soon - until then I will have to keep dreaming!  Thanks for stopping by  - have a beautiful day!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size 5" x 7"
Stamps:  WPlus9 Embroidered Bouquet
Dies:  Marianne Creatables LR0236, Cuttlebug Seashells
Card Stock:  Papertrey Ink Kraft, Vintage Cream, Stampin Up Baja Breeze, DCWV Glitter Paper
Ribbon:  Button Twine Natural, 5/8" Twill Teal, 5/8" Taffeta Iridescent Ivory May Arts
Extras:  Clothes Pin, Buttons

10 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

This is pretty close to a visit to the seaside Jeanne. Absolutely gorgeous card. I love everything about it.

Joyce said...

Oh, your ocean dream is so lovely, and so is your card. I see the ocean every day, wherever I go--we are that close, and I had to stop for a moment when I read your post. I do take it for granted, but it is not that way for most. You must come to visit me, and make your ocean dreams come true.

Cathy Weber said...

You sure made the most with this card Jeanne...love all the beachy touches, the seahorse and that intricate die layered over the kraft. Just a gorgeous card!

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Gorgeous card, as usual! :)

Kristi said...

So pretty,Jeanne! The die cut reminds me of a fisherman's net. A very lovely take on the mood board!

Kary said...

Gosh, Jeanne, your card is SO Beautiful!! Love the background, the sentiment frame and the gorgeous bow!! Every element is just perfect!! How do you do it - your card is perfection, always. LOVE!!

Jinny Newlin said...

Ever so pretty, Jeanne! LOVE the layered frame to bits, and your stampy background is FANTASTIC!

~Tammy~ said...

I am totally swooning over so much! I love your beautiful ribbon treatment and I want that button in the middle of it! Gorgeous as always!

Sharron said...

Gorgeous, Jeanne--it makes me miss our time at the beach! Love that lacy die cut, your little seahorse and wonderful ribbon treatment. This is a really fabulous take on the Mood Board!

Christina said...

You are welcome to come see the ocean here anytime! I adore the background you stamped, and the glittered die cuts are fantastic. Way to use what you had for this challenge!