Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Cloud 9 April Blog Hop - Smile Sunshine!

Another dreary rainy day here in the Chicago area - instead of "April showers bring may flowers" I'm singing  "rain rain go away come back another day".  Do you remember all the rhymes from your childhood?  Jumping rope was a big deal when I was a kid - I never mastered double dutch but I do remember a few of of the songs...  remember Miss Mary Mac?  Oh come on now!!!!!    All dressed in Black... With Silver Buttons.... All Down Her Back?..... OK I'll stop now.


Well I don't jump rope anymore - but I still play a few games.  Today I'm playing along with The Cloud 9 Blog Hop.  Check out the inspiration photo here - what a beautiful table setting.   I picked up on the pretty flowers and colors - and a pop of yellow since I can't have a sunny day - I will settle for a smile!  If you want to play along you better hop to it!  The challenges are posted once a month on the 9th and you have until 10 am on the 12th to enter.  Great way to get stamping with those WPLUS9 stamps and you just might win a free set - can't beat that.   Oh and did I happen to mention guest designer this month and winner from last time - my friend Vickie Zimmer - I hope you'll check out her design - she made two for us!
I've been looking for some new places to play too - if you'd leave me a comment with your favorite challenge site I'd love to hear it!

Jeanne


Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  WPlus9 Quite Like You, Paisley Patterns, Very Vintage Greetings
Ink:  Stampin Up Real Red, Pacific Point, Versafine Onyx Black
Card stock:  Papertrey Ink Enchanted Evening, Vintage Cream
Dies:  Spellbinder Petite Ovals, Petite Scalloped Ovals, 
Border Punch:  EK Success Double Embossed Dotted Lace
May Arts Organic Cotton Stripe Periwinkle, Ivory Button Twine, Hug Snug Seam Binding Antique Gold
Heart Pin:  Ribbon Reel
Button:  Papertrey Ink

16 comments:

Wida said...

absolutely gorgeous stamping and color combo. Is it Spring yet?!?!?! Your card makes me wish it!

Marybeth said...

Love what you can do with these stamps, makes me see them in a whole new way! Yes
I remember jump rope songs, one that always comes to mind is “Not last night but the night before ……
Only have a few set and hoping my new ones come tomorrow! Kinda hard to use a pumpkin or a Christmas tree!

Chunyuan said...

Gorgeous card. love the navy blue you incorporated with the springy color.

Kara said...

gorgeous!! love your little pop of yellow and dot of green!! perfect!!

Jinny Newlin said...

Such a fantastic mix of stamps, my dear! Really LOVE the primary colors to bits! Way to rock those Wplus9 goodies!

Vickie Z said...

Girl...you are sooooo sweet!! Wondering why I have a yellow BG in my pics....made the colors pop IRL but...not so good on the web!! I absolutely remember jumprope and the songs....even taught my girls....well, the younger one not so much...she was a tomboy and the nimble one of the bunch!! Hope the sun starts shining soon....we're getting the boat ready to rip....80's and sunshine here!!

Joyce said...

Wow-this is just gorgeous. I'm trying to figure out if those red flowers are stamped or patterned paper? Your card is like a breath of spring. Sorry about your rain.

Suzanne said...

Stunning, Jeanne! I "quite like" how you stamped the flower background!!

Pauline said...

Beautiful card Jeanne, love those colours and fabulous stamping!

Sharron said...

Our rain turned to ice today so I'm so glad to see your gorgeous spring card! LOVE the red & blue with a touch of yellow!

Amy Kolling said...

There's that signature Jeanne bow! It is the star and your stamping is just breathtaking.....just wish Spring would show its face for good here!!!

Kim Heggins said...

Jeanne, as always this is just beautiful! That bow is fabulous too...with that sweet stick pin and touch of green.

anya said...

Gorgeous! I love how you interpreted the inspiration picture - that big bow and green button just wrap it up perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Cloud9, love that you play along!

Gayatri said...

Beautiful background stamping. Love the colours and great take on the Cloud9 photo. Thanks for playing along:)

Amy Kolling said...

Yay Jeanne!!! Huge congrats on being guest next month!!! Again such a beautiful card!!! Have a great weekend!!

Vickie Z said...

Congrats my friend!! (so behind blogging and creating) Can't wait to see what you dream up next month!!