Sunday, April 14, 2013

TRR #51 Feeling Blue

I hope everyone is doing well!  Just asking because the theme this time over at The Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog is "Feeling Blue".  Your not supposed to feel blue - you just make something wonderful using blues (with a touch of green).  We're also asking that you add some ribbon and flowers.   The inspiration photo was chosen by Sarah Ingle aka Lazy Daisy blog.  Sarah is a C&S gal so I am anxious to see what she will do with this one.  Normally you think flowers... Ribbon Reel... beautiful paper roses right?  Well I thought I'd do something a little different to meet the "flowers" requirement - I colored some!  

I colored up these beautiful hydrangea from Serendipity Stamps and added some pretty ribbon reel trims including organic cotton stripe ribbon, and natural button twine from May Arts.  I can't wait to start seeing some flowers in my yard - I've never had much luck with these so I will stick with the paper kind - I think they're almost as lovely as the real thing.

Need a little inspiration?  Just click on the DT member names here to jump to their blogs.




I hope you'll get your blues on and join us!  You might even win a mini shopping spree at The Ribbon Reel!

Jeanne



Supplies Used: Finished Size 5x7"
Fibers: Natural Button Twine, Organic Cotton Stripe Periwinkle (May Arts)
Pattern Paper: My Mind's Eye "Moments" Collection 6x6"
Card Stock: Papertrey White, Enchanted Evening
Stamps: Serendipity Hydrangea Large
Ink: Momento Espresso Truffle, Copic Markers
Border Punch EK Success Double Embossed Dotted Lace
Button: Papertrey Ink

5 comments:

Marybeth said...

Wow,wow,and wow! Gorgeous card, ribbon and flower! Stunning Jeanne!

Cathy Weber said...

This is a gorgeous card...I love those flowers and the beautiful bow. You could not have come closer matching the colors of the inspiration photo, and that striped ribbon is beautiful!

Vickie Z said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! Fabulous coloring!!

Joyce said...

Just gorgeous. I have no better words than Marybeth and Cathy--the layout, the coloring, the ribbon--everything is just beautiful and perfect.

Christina said...

Gorgeous blue flowers, Jeanne! Love that striped ribbon and mix of papers, too.