Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Waltzingmouse Flower Show CASE - Apple Blossom

On April 19 Waltzingmouse Stamps had a flower show.  Several WM friends were selected to create a project featuring flowers.  If you made the show you saw all their gorgeous creations.  Claire, head mousetress  at Waltzingmouse is  sponsoring a contest based on the flower show.  All you had to do was select one of the designs from the flower show and CASE it (Copy and Share Everything).  You can read about it here.   All the CASE entries are being linked up today at the Waltzingmouse Makes site and yes!  prizes are to be had people!!  FIVE (yes you read it right!) FIVE free sets to the winner!!


I am casing a this card from Anne Elise (her blog is  From Anne Elise with Love) where you can see her original post.  I don't know how you can case a card that is already perfect.  I decided it might be better to "change it up a bit" to make it my own so that in the end it wouldn't bare any close resemblance to the original.

Ah... but how to make it my own.....   I knew I wanted to go the opposite of the cream and pink Anne Elise used so I went with black and pink.  The basic layout of the card is the same and I kept true to the features that really appealed to me like the layers, bling,  and ribbons and twine used.

Here's what I came up with ..
Thanks for stopping by - can't wait to see all the other fine CASING going on today!

Jeanne


Supplies Used:  Finished Size 5x7"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Fancy Phrases, Vintage Garden Flowers, Paris Nouveau
Pattern Paper:  Prima Almanac Collection 6x6 Pad
Card stock:  True Black, Sweet Blush
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Dies:  Chery Lynn Polynesian Sails Oval, Spellbinders Tags Trio, Labels 25, Vintage Lace Accents
Ribbon:  Twinery Blossom, 3/8" Velvet Woven Black May Arts, 7/8" Sheer White Stitch Edge Black May Arts
Extras:  Button
Bling:  Recollections (Michael's)

21 comments:

Marybeth said...

I would never have guessed you were casing Anna-Elise’s card! You are so smart to change it up so much. I so agree why mess with perfection. Now you have come up with your own perfection. Love the card you were inspired to make!

Pauline said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jeanne, you have certainly made this design your ouw! I love the gems and the fussy layers, and of course that beautiful oversized bow!

Deborah Frings said...

You can see the influence of Anna-Elise's card, but you have certainly made this your own! I would recognise your style anywhere. Absolutely beautiful!

Joyce said...

This is just beautiful. How smart you were--you didn't make the exact same card, but truly made it your own--I see lots of 'signature Jeanne' here.

The Hardy Stamper said...

Lovely card - and just your colours too!

Sharron said...

It's gorgeous, Jeanne--and so reflective of your style! The black with pink looks so elegant and I adore those little bits of music in the background paper. Beautiful bow as always too!

Maria said...

Wow! Love the mix patterns of paper on this gorgeous card! Beautiful gems and bow, too!

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous my friend!! Love the pink and black and all the goodies of course!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jeanne I am so impressed how you made your CASE your own! Thank you so much for sharing your process. The pretty ribbon and bow are perfect!

Jill Norwood said...

Jeanne this is so beautiful! I love what you did with your CASE of Anne-Elise's card! That bow and the pink and black color scheme are just so very lovely!

Renee said...

It's gorgeous...
and so YOU!!!
I love it!! :)
The colors and layers...
and of course that to die for bow!
I took the easy route...
I stole everything for my cards! :)

Kary said...

Wow, Jeanne, this is SO Lovely!! Love the colours, the bow, the layers and the blings!! You make such beautiful cards!!

Unknown said...

My gosh this is beautiful! That bow is gorgeous!!! lovely design...the pink and black paired with cream are so elegant!

~Tammy~ said...

I love how you have made the design yours! Gorgeous! I of course love the pink!!!! Beautiful ribbon treatment too!

Karen Stein said...

Black and Pink go together so well. I loved how you changed it up and went your own way with this. Ribbons and fru fru...love it!

Kim Heggins said...

Jeanne, this is so stunning and that black and pink, such a wonderful color combination for your flower show card.

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

So beautiful with all the right mix of colors! :)

Angelnorth said...

Great way to use the original for inspiration and make it so much your own - beautiful card!

Julia Aston said...

A beautiful CASE Jeanne - love the soft black with the pink - wonderful collage of stampings!

Sarah said...

Really interesting...so different from the original but the elements are the same...beautiful!

Kate said...

Oh it's as gorgeous as Anne-Elise's card, but definitely your card. Love the changes you made - the colour combo is particularly stunning, and that collage background is fab-u-lous !!!