Wednesday, April 17, 2013

CASE #137 - Colorful Pinwheel




Time for your weekly does of CASE Study Inspiration.  Our muse this month is the incredibly talented JJ Bolton of Ribbon Girls Blog.  Told you JJ was a total trixie didn't I?  This one looks all C&S but I happen to know that in typical JJ style the color has to come from somewhere doesn't it?  This one looks like a shaker card but where is the shakie stuff right?  Well I happen to know this is an hourglass card.  OK so what does that mean right?  It means it's technically not a shaker since the colorful filling on the inside appears and disappears into the hour glass behind the white card stock cover.  Don't believe me - check it out here.

Here's my take on JJ's card.   I used the cut file for the pinwheel stamp to cut the window on my card stock. stamped my pinwheel with Staz On on transparency and mounted it behind the window.  I stamped the stick and the sentiment and then got to work on the back.  I lined the window with strips of adhesive foam and played around filling the space with different things before I settled on the flower buttons (think confetti, beads, sequins etc.).  I like the fun happy look, and am glad I got a rainbow of color in there to do JJ proud!
Need a little more inspiration?  Check out more examples from the rest of the Design Team - they are sure to inspire.  And you will want to check our guestie this month - none other than Anya Schrier from Life is What You Make It blog!


Chupa - Iwona Palamountain
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Christina MacLaren
Clare Buswell
Debbie Hughes
Jean Martin
Maureen Plut
Teneale Williams

Thanks for stopping by - hope I see you over at CASE Study Blog Challenge!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.5 x 6.25"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Playful Pinwheels
Digital Cut Files:  Waltzingmouse Pinwheels
Card Stock:  Papertrey Ink White, Stampin Up Pool Party
Buttons:  Stampin Up!
Pearl:  Recollections
Ink:  Staz On Jet Black, Versafine Onyx Black
Ribbon:  3/8 Aqua Satin Celebrate It! (Michaels)
Transparency: Staples

14 comments:

Joyce said...

This is so colorful and fun. I love it. I am super impressed by how many buttons were sacrificed to make this card. I am a terrible button hoarder.

Pauline said...

What a pretty paper Jeanne for this fabulous CAS card! You do CAS so well, always an eye catching design!

Brandi said...

Wow! This is so bright, colorful and fun! Love the pinwheel image!

~amy~ said...

WOW...I saw this over on CASE study's blog and had to pop over and leave you a comment. I love this!

Lisa Minckler said...

Ba-ZING!!! This is awesome Jeanne. There's so much activity in the pinwheel itself, but then the rest is wonderfully CAS with the perfect sentiment. Just LOVE this card you've designed. :)
hugs,
Lisa x

Tracey McNeely said...

Jeanne this is just fantastic, I LOVE that pinwheel!

Deborah Frings said...

Brilliant! Love the tiny buttons - such a fun card!

Maria said...

Wow! So colorful and creative...LOVE IT!!!

My Paper Epiphany said...

The buttons look fantastic - just right for something as happy as a pinwheel!

Jinny Newlin said...

Cute, cute, CUTE as can be! LOVE all the happy colors!

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous card...love, love, love what you did! At first I thought maybe you took a photo of buttons and used that but then I read that you actually used real buttons, so fun and so clever!

Helen Berry said...

Oooo, that's just so CLEVER Jeanne - love those buttons in your colourful Pinwheel. Brilliant x

JJ Bolton said...

Jeanne, Jeanne, Jeanne!!!! This card makes me all kinds of happy! Die cuts filled with rainbow buttons? I'm all over that:)

Thank you so much for being such a great CASE-er and friend! You're the absolute best!

Julia Aston said...

Goodness Jeanne - you have been one busy stamper this week! Love this colorful pinwheel with the fun flower buttons!