Monday, April 29, 2013

12 Kits of Holidays April Edition

Welcome to the April Edition of the 12 Kits of Holidays.   We used to be the 12 Kits of Christmas but decided to add some other holidays in here as well this year.  Just to refresh your memory, the 12 Kits is a group of 12 designers.  We've each been assigned one month to supply goodies to the rest of the group.   We all get the same ingredients to work with and on the last day of the month we reveal our creations!  It's interesting to see how we all use the same ingredients just a little differently to showcase our own style.  The hostess this month is Ms. Sharron Gregory of On Papillon Wings blog.  


Sharron's style is C&S and it seems obvious to me that she loves nature.  It's not unusual to see flowers, butterflies, animals and birds on her creations.   Just check out this amazing kit Sharron put together for us - My Mind's Eye "Winter Wonderland" paper, stamps from Plum Purdy and lots of embellishments.  And the nature thing?   I can't believe I made 7 (yep you read it right!) this time.   I think I could have kept going too!!   I will keep it short - promise.   So without further delay - straight to the designs!!!
Santa
 Joy Tag
 Cozy Cottage
 Christmas Cookies
 Carrot Nose Frosty
 
 Jingle
 Red Bird

Wanna see what the rest of the group did with the same kit?  Just click on their names below to hop on over to their blogs! 


Thanks for stopping by and happy hopping!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Christmas Cookies & Happy Hearts, Dear Santa, Holly Jolly Christmas, Mr. Willie & Friends, Sharing the Holidays (Plum Purdy Designs); Merry & Bright Additions (PTI); Jingle All the Way (Technique Tuesday-Ali Edwards)
Card stock: Classic Crest White (Neenah); Ocean Tides, Pine feather, Pure Poppy, SS White (PTI); Baja Breeze, Old Olive (Stampin’ Up); Red Shimmer (LSS)
Patterned Paper: Winter Wonderland (My Mind’s Eye)
Dies: Zig Zag Ric Rac (Cherry Lynn); Buttons (Impression Obsession); Stitched Rectangles, Stitched Flag Sentiment, Gift Bow Topper, Instant Camera (Lil’ Inker Designs); Cosmic Star Set, Resting Birds (Memory Box); Stacking Stars (MFT); Holly Jolly, Merry & Bright (PTI); Seasonal Sentiments-’Joy’ (WPlus9)
Embossing Folders: Journaling Card (Cuttlebug); Snowballs (Sizzix)
Embellishments/Misc: Sequins (Martha Stewart); Rhinestones, Spare Parts-’Packages’, Silver Glitter Paper (The Paper Studio-Hobby Lobby); Pearls (Recollections-Michael’s): Ribbon (Offray, Reliant-Local Store); Felt (Local Quilt Shop)
Ink: Cottage Ivy, Love Letter, Tuxedo Black (Memento); Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive (Stampin’ Up); Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko)



Things I added:
Santa 5.75 x 5.75"
Ribbon : Ivory Button Twine, 7/8" Sheer White Stitched Edge Red Ribbon May Arts, 1/2" Red/White Ribbon Stitched Poly Stampin Up!, Copic Markers, Dies: Spellbinder Standard Circles, Cheery Lynn Pinwheel Doily
Button, Red Mini Pearls Doodlebug - Color Ladybug
Joy Tag
Fiber: Twisted Burlap Natural May Arts, Jumbo Eyelet We R Memory Keepers, Ribbon: 1/4" Red Satin Offray
Cozy Cottage: 4.25 x 5.5"
Christmas Cookies: 4.25 x 5.5"
Fiber: Ivory Button Twine May Arts, Button, Copic Markers, Dies: Spellbinder Jar Labels, Ornate Squares
Carrot Nose Frosty 4.25 x 5.5"
Ribbon: Ivory Button Twine May Arts, 5/8" Baby Blue Satin Ribbon Robert Stanley Collection (Hobby Lobby)
Dies: Spellbinder Marvelous Squares, Button, Copic Markers
Jingle 4.25 x 5.5"
Ribbon Stitched Poly Poppy Parade Stampin Up!, Copic Markers, Gems Recollections, Die: Spellbinder Ornate Squares
Red Bird 4.25 x 5.5"
Dies: Spellbinders Petite Scallop Ovals, Petite Ovals, Ribbon: Ivory Button Twine, 1/8" White Ric Rac May Arts
Button: Basic Grey Fact/Fiction Collection, Copic Markers

15 comments:

Pauline said...

Wow Jeanne, you certainly made the most of your kit this month!! What a bunch of amazing cards!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jeanne each and every one of your 7 cards are perfect! I am in awe of all of your bows, as usual. The additiona of some creative die cutting is fabulous and the fussy cutting on your Christmas Cookies card is amazing, I will be CASEing that idea!

Kelly S. said...

Okay, how come Sharron didn't send me bows tied like that? Hmm, I got the ribbon but no double bows (giggggle)!! These are amazing, Jeanne! I just love all of the detail on each creation, you've used Sharron's kit brilliantly but added little touches of Jeanne :) My faves are the amazing, tag, the little red bird card (I was in love with that ribbon, TOO) and the awesome cottage card with the starry night sky you created!

Kim Heggins said...

Jeanne...wow you hit the jack pot on the most cards this month and each and everyone is simply amazing! I always love how you take the kits and truly make them your own. Your use of the detailed dies is amazing and the bows, stunning as always! Beautiful cards!

Jinny Newlin said...

WOW-wee! Look at that fabulous line-up of Christmas creations, Jeanne! These are simply perfect!

Joyce said...

Wow--you made so many card, and they are all amazing. I love all your bows--of course. I think my favorite is the one with the little house. The stars you added to that paper really give that card some personality plus.

Renee said...

Well of course you totally rocked this kit...
OMGosh!!
They're all perfect...
and so JEANNE!!! :)
I can't pick a fave...
though I'm lovin' Santa...
the snowman...
the bird...
just all of 'em!! :)
You seriously rocked this fabby kit!

Marybeth said...

Get out of here with that cozy cottage!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh I love that one…..I hope I can recreate that one with my leftovers. My goodness you made tons! The die on the first card is gorgeous. Every single one is amazing just like you.
How considerate of you to take a bit of time to talk about Sharron that is so sweet!

Sharron said...

WOW, I knew they would be amazing but WOW! Every one is just perfection--awesome use of the kit supplies with those wonderful touches of Jeanne. Of course, your bows are gorgeous and I love your adorable tag. You add the greatest touches and use the papers in such creative ways--LOVE them all!!!

JJ Bolton said...

Your cards this month are adorable!!!! I really like the elements that Sharron gave you all:) It has kind of a slightly vintage quality like when I was a kid. So sweet! My favorite is the last one with the bird! The colorful background just draws me in:)

Hope you're having a good week!!!

Kara said...

beautiful cards!! i love how you embellished the little paper with the scene! your jingle all the way card is gorgeous! and the bird..love him!!

Cathy Weber said...

You must have been in patterned paper heaven Jeanne...love all of these cards, you have created something unique with every single one. Love all the bows, cute coloring and that cookie card is my very favorite!

Christina said...

Wow, Jeanne, you knocked this kit out of the park! (Sorry, I'm watching baseball.) Incredible coloring of those sweet images--I'm always intimidated by coloring but have tons of inspiration now for these stamps. Your little joy tag is probably my favorite, and I wish I'd thought to put the brad in the middle of the "o". Gorgeous bows, as always, too!

Lisa Minckler said...

I seriously just want a day in your craft room stalking, I mean watching you craft. How you do what you do..always something new and fresh and vibrant and fun. LOVE YOUR CRAFTY MIND! :)

The Paper Parade said...

Wow!!! Look at all this gorgeousness!! You made so much, each card I was like "ohhh, ahhhh!" It was very hard to choose, but I think I love the santa card, the awesome tag, and the adorable little snowman house scene the best!