Thursday, September 8, 2016

Fusion Card Challenge - Find Joy!

Oh what a week!  Did you enjoy the extra day off?  I'm thinking we needed it here at my house.  Our above ground pool was getting older and starting to show some signs of rust along the sides.  What a surprise when we got back from our morning walk and found that the side busted out and all the water had escaped.  I gotta tell you that much water is a total force to be reckoned with!  It rearranged my garden and a bit of landscaping all by itself!    So we had to start taking the pool apart.  Good bye old friend - it hosted more than a few pool parties, and will be missed.   Nope!  I dont think we'll be getting a new one!  The seasons here in the Chicago area seem so short.  We open the pool Memorial day weekend, and it's closed by Labor Day.  It's getting to be lots of work for me and the Mr. keeping it clean and chemically balanced.

It must be Fall because Fusion Card Challenge is back!  We usually take the Summer off so folks have more time with the kiddos!  Now that they're back in school it's Mom's time to play! LOL!  Here's the inspiration photo for this time.  Isn't it pretty?  I love the tree and the wave of flowers as well as the contrast of black and lime colors.  If you're playing along you can use either the sketch OR the inspiration photo.. AND if you feel really clever you can fuse them together. 

No Fuse for me this week... keeping it totally CAS!  I started with a soft background of Ranger Distress Twisted Citron.  I used my Clarity Brushes I got from Tupelo Design.  They make the softest backgrounds with no lines!   To add a little more color I added water to some ink and splattered the base.  

Next I trimmed the panel by die cutting it with the Avery Elle Wonky Stitches Die.  That's my favorite go to lately.  It trims a perfect panel for an A2  card and the stitches are a lovely detail!   I stamped my sentiment from CASual Fridays "Breathe" stamp set using my Misti Stamping Tool.  I was able to triple stamp the image with Versafine ink to get a clean and dark impression.  The little spots missing?  That's part of the stamp! It has a distressed look. 

I added a swirl of leaves using the Serendipity Stamps Leaves Reverse Die.  I used the negative of the die as a template for where to insert the leaves so they stayed in place perfectly.  The finishing touch was some pretty sequins from Pretty Pink Posh - Lime Sorbet and Charcoal of course!  I love that I can find a color to match any project - you'd flip if you saw my sequin collection! LOL!  
Now it's your turn to play!  I hope you'll join us at Fusion Card Challenge.  Not sure what to make?  We've got lots of samples from our amazing design team just waiting to delight you! 







Finished Size 4.25  x 5.5"
Stamps | CAS-ual Fridays Breathe
Dies | Serendipity Stamps Leaves Reverse Die | Avery Elle Wonky Stitches
Sequins | Pretty Pink Posh Lime Sorbet and Charcoal

12 comments:

Marybeth said...

It's beautiful! Love the bold black with the soft blended green !

Linda Callahan said...

I love your cascade of leaves....and yep it is cooling off here in upstate NY too! But I love fall! Pretty card!

Michele K. Henderson said...

I love your pretty card! This is a gorgeous color combination too! Thanks for the great inspiration today!

Mary Dew Lee said...

Love your card Jeanne! A great card to take us from the bright green of summer into falling fall leaves! I'm going to have to get some of those Clarity brushes!

richardbreaks said...

Love this, Jeanne! Are you loving those brushes? Better than ink blending tools?

cm said...

Oh my gosh! Your pool exploding does sound like quite the event! Yikes! At least it was outdoors and not flooding your home (as *perhaps* one of our toilets might have been attempting yesterday evening! Good thing I have keen ears...yeesh!)! Thrilled to be on the FUSION team with you, my friend, and what a beauty you've shared with us! The twisted citron is such a pretty backdrop for the black, crisp leaves! LOVE!
Hugs~c

Donna said...

Love this. Beautiful black contrast. Awesome. X

Lisa Elton said...

I think you've captured that cake perfectly!!

Sharron said...

Love the look you got with this amazing die. The black against the pretty lime is gorgeous! Wonderful sentiment too!

Karren said...

Don't you just love those Clarity stencil brushes? I thought my ink blending tool was fine until I gave in and bought the brushes. Love them! And I love your card - those leaves are so striking against the blended background.

Norma A. said...

Very pretty card! A pleasant change with the black and lime coloring. The wavy stitched border is a particularly nice touch around the edges. Nicely done.

Norma A. said...

Very pretty card! A nice change with the black and lime colors. The wavy stitched border was a great touch around the edges. Nicely done. Thanks for the sharing.