Thursday, September 22, 2016

Fusion Card Challenge - Mod Birthday Wishes

I'm so glad all of my favorite challenges are back!  The kiddos are back in school and it's a little quiet around the house.  A perfect time to play along with some of your favorite places.  My kiddos are in college so most of the time it's just me and the fur baby.  We're keeping up with our walks first thing in the morning, and then breakfast for her, and a little crafty time for me. 


Fusion Card Challenge has a brand new look this season - very modern and techno right?  The graphics might be new but the rules are the same.  You can play along with the sketch, or the photo, and if you're feeling clever you can FUSE them together.   

So what do you see?  I zero'd in on the cake with the black and white stripes.. next.. the colors .. blues, pink, neutral and looks like a touch of gold in there too.  I even followed along with the sketch!  Here's what I came up with...


I've got a striped cake, a striped background.. a pretty gold glitter border and a sprinkle of gold sequins for confetti!
This Birthday Cake stamp set from Reverse Confetti makes decorating your own cake a breeze.  There's lots of different patterns.. candles.. no candles, flowers, and even a little cake stand to display your creation.  The colors you choose make it personal.  I kept mine simple, a few black stripes and pink flowers with gem centers.

I didn't see a place on the sketch for my sentiment so I just tucked it in the upper corner.  A few bitty Tim Holtz staples pretend to hold it in place, and I tucked a little gold sequin under the banner to draw your eye. 
I really like the fun mix of papers and patterns.  I wasn't sure about the wood grain, but now I think it absolutely works.


Ready to make one of your own for the Fusion Card Challenge?  Or maybe you want a little more inspiration?  Well.. head on over to the blog and see what's cookin!   I know the design team will knock your socks off! 


Here's some links to my teamies!
Have a great day! 












Finished Size : 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Reverse Confetti Candles 'N Confetti
Dies | Reverse Confetti Candles 'N Confetti, Circles 'N Scallops, Double Edge Scallop Border, Tag Me
Sequins | Pretty Pink Posh Metallic Gold
Pattern Paper | Websters Pages Painted Passport 12"


5 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

Jeanne! I came over here to gush and drool over this Fusion card before I Pinned it and then went on my merry way, but then I got distracted by Pinning the two G-o-r-g-e-o-u-s cards before it, too! How did you get so talented?!?!?

Linda Callahan said...

Love the beautoful mix of color and pattern in your design!

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty layers Jeanne, I like those rose banner in the background!

Karren said...

Fabulous fusion card, Jeanne! The patterns and images you've chosen work perfectly all together.

Michele K. Henderson said...

I love the birthday cake in the center circle! It really feels like a celebration, and the soft pastels look beautiful!