Friday, September 30, 2016

Tupelo Designs - Feather More!

Happy Friday!  Are you ready for the weekend?   I'm looking forward to relaxing.  If we get a nice cool night and the mosquitoes are asleep, I'm hoping to have a fire in the yard.   There's still lots of projects to do here.  Can you believe it's time to tear out the garden and empty all the potted planters?  It seems like I was just putting seedlings in! 

If you follow my blog you know Friday is my day to post for Tupelo Designs LLC.  I'm really loving being on this team.  Since I get to work with ANYTHING in the store this gives me a chance to work with lots of new products.  Things I've been eyeing up and wanting for a long time!   Tupelo Designs LLC carries lots of my favorite brands.. Reverse Confetti, WPlus9, Altenew, Sugar Pea Designs and so many more.   It's a great place to shop because you can mix and match brands and shipping is always free - no minimum.

I also like that I get loyalty reward points for every dollar I spend.  These points turn into dollars that I can use on other purchases - because you and I both know that you can NEVER have too many stamps.

I've been working on switching out some of my ink pads too.  I've been at this for a while now.. can you believe since 2011?  So I'm thinking it's time right?  

I'm loving the Altenew inks in the shop - they're great for multi layer stamping.  But for solid images like these feathers from Waffle Flower I like to use Pigment ink.  Pigment ink is different than Dye ink because it sits on top of the paper - it doesn't sink in to the paper.  It's thicker and takes longer to dry but gives nice solid coverage on images like these.  My favorite brand for pigment ink is Avery Elle.   They have lots of beautiful colors to chose from!  You can see all the pigment inks in the store here.

I used the Waffle Flower Doily Circle as the base for my card. I wanted it to look like a dream catcher. I attached the colorful feathers with adhesive foam tape.
At the top of the feathers I added a button threaded with button twine - I strung e beads to the ends  for some extra detail.

The finishing touch was a sprinkle of sequins. 

If you haven't tried Tupelo Designs LLC yet I hope you will! Your supplies arrive so beautifully packaged - it's like a little present in the mail. A nice pick me up, and a great way to treat yourself! 




Finished Size: 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Waffle Flower Feather More
Dies | Waffle Flower Feather More, Doily Circle
Ink | Avery Elle
Sequins | Pretty Pink Posh
Misc. Button, Seed Beads, May Arts Ivory Button Twine




4 comments:

cm said...

Your feathers and diecut - your dream-catcher, actually - are gorgeous. Such pretty colours! Thank you for the tip about pigment inks; I have maybe two in my collection. Another add-on to the Tupelo list...
Hugs~c

Sharron said...

Love this stunning design! The doily and the feathers are gorgeous (love the colors) and definitely create the look of a dream catcher!

Lisa Elton said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!!

Amanda C said...

Another beauty! Love the idea of doing a dream catcher. Your cards have such great detail. Every last thing is just perfect.