Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Tupelo Designs LLC September Challenge - Memory Box / Poppystamps


I told you that Tupelo Designs LLC is my favorite place to shop (because they have great customer service, fast and FREE shipping, and customer loyalty rewards), but did you know they have a challenge too?  You'll find it on their Facebook Page under TDLLC (Award Winning).  You have to request to be a member of the group - no worries.. they'll accept you right away.. and then just add a post with your project.  


Every month they feature a different brand that you can find in the store.  For September it's Memory Box and Poppystamps.   Simple right?  The prize every month is a $25 gift certificate to the store! 


I love this Bountiful Sunflower from Poppystamps!  I decided to put it on a yellow Peerless watercolor background.  I used Amber Yellow, Warm Sepia, and splashed it with Ecru. 
I added some stencil embossing to the background and topped it with fine irridescent glitter before it dried.  As the paste dries, the glitter adheres to the paste.  I used the Tim Holtz "TRACKS" stencil. 


I set that to the side and came back to it the next day.    It really needs a few hours to dry completely.  Next I layered on the die cuts.  The Bountiful Sunflower was cut from Cocoa Bean card stock.

The "hello" sentiment was actually the Hello Word Balloon.  I cut the bubble off the sentiment and used only the word part of the die. 

I added a few butterflies and some gold sequins for extra sparkle.  I wish you could see all the glittery shine on this one! 
 
Ready to play?  You have until the end of the month to play along!



 
Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Dies| Poppystamps Bountiful Sunflower, Hello Word Bubble. Emelia Butterfl trio
Stencil | Tim Holtz Tracks
Sequins | Pretty Pink Posh




7 comments:

Carrie said...

Wow! This is a stunning card! Just gorgeous! Thanks for the tip about the challenge over at Tupelo Designs on FB. I just put in a request to join the group, so I'll see you over there!

Lisa Elton said...

I love that flower die! This is so sunny and pretty Jeanne!

Julye said...

I love this sunflower too and love your card and its always good finding more challenges thanks for the information.

BenteS said...

Gorgeous card!
Love the way you have created the background and the colors;
looks great together with the sunflower die :))

lecardonbleu.com said...

Another card to love!!!

Kim Heggins said...

So beautiful...love your wonderful sunflower!

Kara Lynne said...

Beautiful card, Jeanne! Such a dramatic backdrop for your gorgeous sunflower! I've not heard of this shop before, thanks for getting the word out!