Friday, September 23, 2016

An Apple For Teacher


This week we've been showing apple themed projects on The Twinery Blog. You can't help but think of Fall when you hear the word "apples" here in the Midwest. It's harvest time! We're starting to see the local farm stands open displaying corn stalks, pumpkins, colorful Indian corn, and an array of gourds in every size and shape. I'm always excited to see bushels of apples! The baskets are filled to overflowing - green Granny Smith, red McIntosh, and Yellow Golden Delicious. They smell amazing too! 


Fall also means back to school. I can picture a row of apples on teacher's desk - little gifts of appreciation or to maybe to ask forgiveness for a little rambunctiousness? I know teacher has her hands full and a note of appreciation is always welcome. This card is for a special teacher - she gets an A+ for going the extra mile!
My favorite embellishment is always some Twinery Twine! I wrapped Charcoal Twine around my card several times and finished with a little bow. The black matches the stamped alphabet, and is strong enough to hold it's own against the bright colors of my design.
All of the stamps and die cuts are from Reverse Confetti!  So many of the products work together beautifully - like the older "Class Act" set paired up with the new "All Apples" and ABC Cover Panel.

I incorporated lots of school related items.. the alphabet die cut background, and gosh.. do you remember how good a gold star on your paper made you feel? LOL!
A little bit of twine just seems to make everything a little extra special! What will you make with yours today?






Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Twinery Charcoal Twine
Stamps | Reverse Confetti Class Act, All Apples
Dies | Reverse Confetti Tag me, Love Note, ABC Cover Panel, Class Act, All Apples
Gold Star | Hobby Lobby
Gold Sequins | Pretty Pink Posh



6 comments:

Michele K. Henderson said...

I just love Reverse Confetti, and your card is gorgeous! Perfect for back to school!

cassie said...

Very cute and perfect for a teacher!
I've never tried anything from Reverse Confetti but looks like some really great products.

Vee said...

Great layering !!!

Lisa Elton said...

I like that apple, this is darling Jeanne!

Sharron said...

Fabulous layering! Such fun to use different forms of the alphabet with that big red apple!

Claire Broadwater said...

I LOVE this card! All teacher cards make me smile, but this one is amazing! XX