Sunday, September 11, 2016

Poppystamps Autumn Feathertree Frame


I'm starting to see the first signs of Fall! The local farm stands are reopening to sell pumpkins, corn stalks, indian corn and chrysanthemums! I hate to see an end to summer, but I'm always delighted with the change of foliage in the fall! What a spectacular show Mother Nature puts on!

I made a card using the Poppystamps Feathertree Frame. I knew I was going to inlay lots of different colors into the openings of the trees and was concerned about the large die loosing shape. To keep the die cut frame from stretching or adhering crooked to the card base, I started by adding the larger background pieces and securing them in place on the reverse side of the die with some washi before adhering the panel to my card base. It helped keep this large die cut in shape so there weren't any big gaps around the inlaid pieces.

The "Give Thanks Brushed" sentiment die is perfect for this clean card design. I love that the inlay design is nice and flat - no extra postage required. And all the color in the tree branches is just candy for the eyes! 

Have a Beautiful Day!




Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Dies | Poppystamps Feathertree Frame, Give Thanks Brushed

5 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Wow this is a gorgeous thank you creation. Love the vibrant feathers.
This will also be perfect for one entry as an anything goes creation for our challenge below.
Hugs
Desíre
{ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

richardbreaks said...

Jeanne, this is just gorgeous. I love all the colors in your trees, but those gradient yellows are WONDERFUL! So lovely.

~amy~ said...

Jeanne, this is pure bliss! I love all the different colors!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh how pretty!! Love the rainbow of colors!

BenteS said...

Beautiful!
Love the vibrant colors of the feather trees :))