Wednesday, September 14, 2016

The Card Concept - Rainbow Connection



Have you noticed? Lots of your favorite challenges are back in action after a summer hiatus! The Card Concept has been one of my favorite places to play for a while now - I'm so glad to see I can play again! If you're not familiar with The Card Concept .. you need to check it out. They always have an amazing inspiration photo, and you're encouraged to work in ANY style from Shabby Chic & Mixed Media to Clean and Simple and Classy & Elegant.  They even have samples in all these different styles from their design team - all the projects inspired by the same image.  It's fun to see how anyone can play regardless of their style and all the beautiful designs they come up with.  
The challenge this time is The Rainbow Connection.  Lots of color here right?   Who doesn't love a rainbow? 


I used the Reverse Confetti Sunburst Cover Plate to add a rainbow of color to my backgorund.  I had to run the die through my machine for each color to inlay the cut outs.  I know some of you might think that's lots of work.  I was having one of those days... and found the repetition relaxing.


I stamped the butterflies from "Butterfly Dreams" with my Misti stamping tool - so I could stamp them twice and get a nice dark impression.
Every rainbow needs a touch of gold right?  I added gold glitter paper to the circle in the center of the die cut, and added a sprinkle of Pretty Pink Posh gold sequins to add some sparkle.
Now it's your turn!  If you're looking for a fun challenge - this is the one for you! 



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Reverse Confetti Butterfly Dreams
Dies | Reverse Confetti Butterfly Dreams, Sunburst Cover Panel
Sequins | Pretty Pink Posh 4mm & 6 mm Gold





5 comments:

Nora Noll said...

Oh wow!! This is so pretty!! I love the fun way you did the background with the rainbow in the cover plate. The black butterflies were a perfect touch and really POP!! Great design!

Lisa Elton said...

The color burst behind the big butterfly is so fun!

~amy~ said...

ooooohhh...LOVE this.

Rahmat said...

Beautiful rainbow burst, and the black butterflies look awesome, thanks for linking it up at the card concept.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Wow!!! I love this so much!!!! Fantastic card!
Thanks for sharing with us at The Card Concept!