Tuesday, September 27, 2016

The Card Concept - Citrus Marmalade


One of the very first things that attracted me to blogging was the challenges I found on line.  I really enjoyed seeing the way people made beautiful things with some of my favorite stamp sets. I also like seeing how each of us will interpret a photo inspiration or sketch in a different way.

Opposites do indeed attract - I'm envious of so many card makers who have a style so different than my own.  

The Card Concept is a great place to see this in action.  They have different designers - with very different styles - from Clean and Simple to Shabby Chic.. and they all interpret the inspiration photo their own way.  It's fun to see the different styles, and each one speaks loud enough to hold it's own.   It's what makes us all interesting, unique and beautiful.

When I first saw the photo inspiration I immediately zeroed in on the citrus - yummy lemon, grapefruit, orange and lime.  Isn't it funny that the names of the fruits are also the names of colors? 
I pulled my Reverse Confetti Fresh 'N Fruity set and stamped some oranges and lemons.   Hmmm. .. how to add some pink... how about a jam jar for our marmalade? 
The fruit shaped cookies in the inspiration photo are on a natural background so I thought I'd keep all my accents neutral too - the paper background, the white scallop doily behind the jam jar, and the black and white Twinery Twine
The finishing touch was a sprinkle of flower shaped sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.  They make me think of citrus flowers and add a little more color to the neutral background. 

Now it's your turn to play - here's a link to The Card Concept!  I can't wait to see how you interpret this one! 



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Reverse Confetti In A Jam, Fresh 'N Fruity
Dies | Reverse Confetti Jam Jar, Fresh 'N Fruity, Scallops 'N Circles
Twinery Charcoal Twine
Sequins | Pretty Pink Posh Tropical Flowers
Pattern Paper | Pebbles "Everyday" 6"



7 comments:

Alanna said...

What a fun card Jeanne. The colors are so vibrant and just jump off the card.

Lisa Elton said...

So sweet Jeanne! I like the polka dot citrus and the cute jar!

Birgit said...

I just had to pop over here from the Card Concept and comment on your fabulous card! The citrus fruits and sweet pink jam jar is over the top adorable!

laurie said...

What an a awesome card! so bright and fun. Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is so darling! Love those polka dot fruits and the design is just perfect. Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept.

Jen Timko said...

This is a card just totally full of happy! How wonderful! Glad to see you at The Card Concept!

Michele K. Henderson said...

This is gorgeous, Jeanne! I love these bright citrus colors! Thanks for playing along with us over at The Card Concept!