Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Birch Press Design Midnight Mandala

Hi friends! Big hugs to you as the shelter in place continues! I hope you're all safe and healthy and have all you need. Today I'm playing with the new Midnight Mandala stencil.
This technique is fun and easy and I hope you give it a try. All you need is a stencil, distress ink, glitter and glossy accents. 
You can tape your stencil in place but if you want to treat yourself, invest in a can of Pixie Spray. It holds the stencil firmly in place and lifts off easily - no more tape and you're hand's free. I inked the stencil in ombre shades of blue distress ink.
I love the shine of glossy accents and the sparkle of glitter so I mixed them together and spread the mixture thinly and evenly over the inked stencil. When you've got complete coverage gently lift the stencil and wash it immediately with warm soapy water.
Just look at all that sparkle and shine!
I didn't want to cover up these pretty shades of blue so I added a simple sentiment - the Big Hugs Sugar Script adhered with adhesive foam tape and a stamped "Sending" from the Memory Box Cherry Blossom Wreath tucked in a Tim Holtz Trinket Pin.
Easy right? I hope you'll give this a try! You'll love the raised texture that reminds me of embossing!



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamp | Memory Box Cherry Blossom Wreath
Stencil | Birch Press Design Midnight Mandala
Die | Big Hugs Sugar Script

Midnight Mandala
Midnight Mandala

BPD | SSS
Big Hugs Sugar Script
Big Hugs Sugar Script

BPD | SSS
Cherry Blossom Wreath
Cherry Blossom Wreath

SSS
Tumbled Glass
Tumbled Glass

SSS
Salty Ocean
Salty Ocean

SSS | DB
Peacock Feathers
Peacock Feathers

SSS
Blueprint Sketch
Blueprint Sketch

SSS
Memo Pin
Memo Pin

SSS

4 comments:

Nora Noll said...

This came out GORGEOUS!! I LOVE the glitter with the Glossy Accents. You scared me a bit by actually putting this over your STENCIL!! I am going to have to try it!!

Lisa Elton said...

SO pretty!

Conniecrafter said...

Lovely shimmer!!

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous....simply gorgeous!!!!