Friday, April 17, 2020

Flowers for Sharron

This is a tough post to write. As many of you know I'm a member of a group called The 12 Kits of Occasions. We're a group of 12 friends who love to paper craft. Every month we take turns making a kit and at the end of the month we post what we made with it. We're more than just 12 friends.. because as new friends have joined us, and others given priority to family and careers we've become a little community of SEVERAL friends.

Our very dear friend Sharron Gregory from On Papillon Wings blog passed away suddenly and unexpectedly on March 30. Today we are sharing posts as a tribute to her. You can see an entire list of designers with projects to share here on The 12 Kits of Occasions blog

Sharron and I came together over a love of paper crafting and card making. She shared her love of nature with me... teaching me how to attract Baltimore Orioles to my yard, and sharing my excitement at spotting new species. She passed on her passion for day lilies to me. When my daughter's new home revealed unusual blooms Sharron was quick to identify them and share tips on how to help them flourish. She even generously sent me some bulbs that are still growing in my yard. I will always think of her when I see them bloom. She touched my life and always reminded me to appreciate the simple things. I will miss her greatly.
Because Lilies remind me of Sharron I pulled out the Altenew Layered Lilly stamp set. I know that Sharron would love these gorgeous blooms.   I always imagined Sharron sitting in a garden filled with beautiful blooms and birds singing.
My sentiment is "Missing You" of course.. because this gentle nature loving friend is greatly missed
For more memories of Sharron I hope you'll stop by the The 12 Kits of Occasions blog where you'll find a list of all the designers sharing in this tribute to Sharron today.


Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Altenew Layered Lilly, Label Love
Dies | Altenew Layered Lilly, Circle Quilt Cover

ALT = Altenew
SSS = Simon Says Stamp
SC = Scrapbook.com

Layered Lily
Layered Lily

ALT | SSS | SC
Layered Lily Die
Layered Lily Die

ALT | SSS | SC
Label Love
Label Love

ALT | SSS | SC
Circle Quilt Cover
Circle Quilt Cover

ALT | SSS | SC
Cherry Blossom
Cherry Blossom

ALT | SSS
Pocket Full of Sunshine
Pocket Full of Sunshine

ALT | SSS
Green Fields
Green Fields

ALT | SSS
Ranger Squeezed Lemonade Distress
Ranger Squeezed Lemonade Distress

SSS | SC | DB
Dried Marigold
Dried Marigold

SSS | SC | DB
Spun Sugar
Spun Sugar

SSS | SC | DB

13 comments:

Birgit said...

Jeanne, your card is so lovely and I love the beautiful memories she left you with. The lily's are a wonderful way to sit with her and reflect on the beauty that grew from within her. She truly was a gentle and kind person. She will be greatly missed. She would have loved this stunning card of yours.

Jeanne said...

What a lovely tribute to a beautiful lady. Your card honors her wonderfully. I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet and generous friend.

I Card Everyone said...

Oh Jeanne, this is magnificent! Just the perfect stamp choice for our friend. We'll each think of Sharron in a special way - isn't that a splendid tribute to her wonderful life?
=]

Wanda Cullen said...

So sorry to hear about your friend's passing! This card is such a gorgeous tribute to her and she would love it!

Marcia Hill said...

Oh Jeanne...what a beautiful post and lovely, lovely card! And how special that you have bulbs in your garden from Sharron that will remind you of her every year! I know her passing has hit us all so hard...the friendships we have created in the stamping world are unlike any other and we will all miss our dear friend so much! Sending many hugs your way dear friend!!

Brenda in IN said...

I didn't have the joy of knowing her but after reading all the wonderful tributes for her, I feel like I do. This is a lovely card for her and how wonderful that the 12 Kits is dedicated to her this month.

Darnell said...

Your tribute to the lovely Sharron was very well said, Jeanne, and it brought tears to my eyes. Your memories of her and the things she did described her perfectly and your lily card in her memory is gorgeous! She will truly be missed by so many. Take care and stay safe! Hugs, Darnell

Nancy Penir said...

It's been so hard to read all these beautiful and meaningful tributes to Sharron, and yours brought back the tears. Your lilies are so lovely, and I know she would have loved them. Well said, Jeanne!

Kim Heggins said...

Love your sweet and wonderful memories of Sharron. It has been nice reading how everyone remembers her. Your card is just so beautiful, she would love it! Hugs to you!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jeanne your card is so beautiful and Sharron would love it. I so enjoyed reading about your connection with her and love that you have lilies in your garden to remember her by, that is so very special. ~hugs

Celeste Goff said...

What a beautiful card! My thoughts and prayers are with you and Sharron's family as well.

Conniecrafter said...

sorry for your loss and this is a beautiful card for her memory!!

Marybeth said...

Oh Jeanne I am so sorry for you loss as well, Sharron was a gem and may her memory bloom forever in your garden! I loved that you shared that with us. I can almost hear her clapping with joy on the beauty of your card! I know I did. It still saddens me to think she is gone. Beautiful tribute to our sweet friend who loved this group so much! Sending love and hugs to you.
Hope you and the family are hanging in there.