Tuesday, September 30, 2014

12 Kits - September - Rewind



Welcome to the 12 Kits of Occassions!  We're a group of 12 friends who take turns providing a "kit" to the rest of the group once a month.  The kits are filled with all sorts of wonderful things, pretty papers, die cuts, stamped images and embellishments.  On the last day of the month we all post what we made.  It's always fun to see how our cards will look similar or very different.    So what's with the Rewind?  One of the ladies left the group - so we were left with an extra month.  We decided to revisit some of the older kits, and use up some of the extra supplies that we might have on hand.

So here's where it gets interesting.  I don't have a whole lot of extra supplies left.  I admit I'm not one to think a project all the way through.  Elements get switched around several times in the process before I'm happy with my design.  Oh yes... and there are some casualties of war here.   Sometimes an image doesn't look like I had envisioned it after it's been colored up, other times an element might have gotten glued down in the wrong place and was not so happy to remove itself, and still other times I loose smaller pieces - having to abandon a project to work on a deadline.  I've even had a few casualties from my furry friend who refuses to be ignored.


So here's what I'm getting at - my projects in most cases here today use similar elements, but not products from the original shipments.  I'm using favorite cards from the other ladies as inspiration and putting my own twist on things with other products I had on hand.   I wanted to case all the ladies but wasn't sure you'd be able to handle so many photos. I tried to keep it to a handful to keep it manageable.  I'm going to show you the original, and then mine. I hope you enjoy! 

Kelly's original card with the rainbow of paint splatters inspired my thanks card
Kara's Happy Houses inspired this card... 

Sharron's Hoppy Easter in Pink

Renee's clean sparkly cut out heart inspired this:

I love how Marybeth embosses in GOLD to makes such elegant cards.


13 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

Wow! Great job casing those lovely cards. So much variety and beauty here...thanks for sharing.

Nancy Penir said...

Fun looking? Each card needs a page in some card magazine! Wonderful idea filled visit Jeanne. Loved the way you showcased each designer!

Alanna said...

These are all so much fun and I love that you showed the card that inspired yours right in the post.

I love them all but the one with the elephants just melts my heart.

Lindsey said...

Still chuckling about your "casualties of war" and now I wish I could see you create. :) I was excepting a card or two with your intro, but then you totally shocked me with your incredible line up of cards! Seriously, Jeanne...you are amazing!!! I honestly can't choose a favorite...I love and am inspired by every single one of them.

Kara said...

sooo wonderful!! that yellow with the bunnies is my fave!

Vickie Z said...

Oh Good Lord child....lots of eye candy and lots of work!!! Your signature bright colors shine!!

Joyce said...

I think you have made the most so far, and you said you didn't have much left! Love them all. I think you really did more than CASE because your cards all have a little bit of 'you' in them.

Marybeth said...

Jeanne... I am giving you an A+++ you did an amazing job with the rewind I can tell you put a lot of effort into each beautiful card you made. Love them all and how you showed each one that inspired you.
Your good you :)

Sharron said...

You did an amazing job, Jeanne! And I'm so glad to see I wasn't the only one to get a little carried away. You get the prize for making more though. And they're all so gorgeous! I really had fun playing with all those supplies but I did create quite a mess. It's wonderful to have so much to choose from though.

Cathy Weber said...

I can't believe you created so many cards...was very tickled to see one of mine there! I love how you used the cards as inspiration and really made them your own! Wish I had done that...lol.

Kim Heggins said...

Holy cow Jeanne...you just went nuts with all your leftovers and I love it. So many more cards to case too. so fun. You are amazing!

Renee said...

You're awesome!
And now I just wanna CASE you...
these are all amazingly gorgeous!
Love them! :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Jeanne you went to town with your REWIND! Wow, so much inspiration from your post this month. Your ideas are all so fresh! Sorry to take so long to swing by, I knew I would love your cards!