Monday, September 1, 2014

Paper Sweeties September Inspiration Challenge #23 "Pretty Pumpkins"


Happy Labor Day!  I hope you have a great day planned - maybe meeting with friends and family for a cook out?  Today is my Mom's birthday!    I'm having her over for a dinner of her favorite - crab legs!!  And since that doesn't turn Dad on, he'll be having a steak LOL!  As long as every body's happy right?  

A new challenge begins today at Paper Sweeties.  Check out this beautiful inspiration Debbie has for us today!!    If you are hopping along you should have reached me from Debbie Marcinkiewicz's blog.  If you want to get all the deets and start at the beginning you can start here - at the Paper Sweeties blog!   I focused on the pumpkins with the floral tops.  I cut a lace pumpkin die and inlaid it on patterned paper. I topped that with some silky ribbon and some paper flowers like the pumpkins in the photo.   The sentiment I used "The Splendor of Autumn" from the Paper Sweeties stamp set of the same name.   The shiny iridescent sequins are flower shaped and also from Paper Sweeties. 


The next stop on the hop is Kerin Sylvester - we have  a special guest this month too Jill Norwood from Greenwood Girl Blog.  Jill has been so sweet to me - and is so talented.   I am so happy to see her hopping with us today and I know you're going to love what she made for today! 


  Jeanne Jachna   That's Me!
September Guest Designer: Jill Norwood

Have a great day!









Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Paper Sweeties The Splendor of Autumn
Sequins:  Paper Sweeties
Pattern Paper:  Crate Paper Pretty Party
Card Stock:  PTI Vintage Cream, SU! Certainly Celery
Dies:  Serendipity Stamps Pumpkin, Paper Smooches Flag Tags, Cheery Lynn Carnival Border
Ribbon:  3/4" Soft Silk Ivory May Arts
Buttons
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black

9 comments:

Jill Norwood said...

Love your take on the inspiration Jeanne! So pretty with the roses on the pumpkin! And I love that pumpkin die! :)Jill

~Tammy~ said...

You are such a GREAT daughter!

Jeanne, I love that pumpkin! Your card is beautiful!

Kristi said...

So sweet and pretty Jeanne! Love your fancy pumpkin!♥

Pauline said...

So pretty Jeanne, a great use of that fab pumpkin die.

Kim Heggins said...

This is just gorgeous! I love that pumpkin die and all you added to make it shine. Fabulous!

Lisa Elton said...

Very pretty, love the lacy cutouts!!

Marybeth said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom!!!!!
Your card is beautiful! Love all the different dies you used for this one and the flowers are gorgeous,Jeanne!

Nancy Penir said...

Drop dead gorgeous, as usual, Jeanne. That's one fancy pumpkin. Splendor indeed!

Anonymous said...

So pretty! Love that pumpkin and your colors you used!