Wednesday, September 17, 2014

SSCB#35 - Summer's Last Hurrah!

We're at the half way point of the latest Serendipity Stamps Challenge.  This month our theme is Summer's Last Hurrah - a celebration of all things Summer .. think Vacation, Childhood, Flowers, and good times!  You still have two weeks to play!  You just might win $20 off your next order while you're at it.   Everyone is always a winner at Serendipity. This week's special is free shipping on all continental orders of $15 and up through September 24.


Mary always gives the DT an extra challenge to keep us on our toes.  This time she asked us to provide a personal photo of our own and explain how it inspired our card.  

Every time I see this stamp of the three dresses I have to stop and think of my sisters.  I'm one of three girls (can you guess which one is me?)  Yep!  I'm the middle girl. Wow!  I've had bangs a very long time now haven't I?  LOL!!!   I asked my mom to let me copy this photo over the weekend.  Usually my mom would color code things for the three of us - like tooth brushes, hair accessories and just about everything else so there were never any arguments about who something belonged to.   I was surprised to see us wearing different colors in this photo - really not how I remember things.  It is possible that the dresses did belong to my older sister first (a better explanation for the pink on two of us).  So this card of the three dresses is all about the three sisters to me. 


Want to know more about the photo?   It was taken at my Grandparents house circa 1968. Well the big cabinet behind us?  Yep!  That was a TV - and it was a COLOR TV (how unusual haha!!)  The little doors would roll back into the cabinet to reveal the TV.  And those ballerina paintings in the background?   My Grandmother used to love to paint by numbers - and she painted those.    My dad still loves to paint by numbers and I have a few of his masterpieces in my home as well.
Do I have you curious about the rest of the team now?  Here's your chance to find out just a little bit more about us. 

We have a special guest this month too - Bridget Findlay

Thanks for visiting with me today - for my walk down Memory Lane.    Maybe I'll fast forward to the 1980's and share some big hair and my love affair with new wave / punk music.  Talk about a contrast!  LOL!










Supplies:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Serendipity Stamps 
Dies:  Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Borders One, Spellbinder Nested Pennants
Pattern Paper:  Best of Dear Lizzy 8 1/2 x 11"   American Crafts
Ink:  Copic, Memento Tuxedo Black, Rosebud
Twinery Twine Pink Sorbet
Paper Roses Iamroses.com
Button
Ultra Fine Glitter Martha Stewart

15 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

LOVE the sweetness!! And the photo is way too cool!!! Gorgoeus coloring and desing Jeanne!

Karen Amidon said...

Too precious, love the sisters! Oh, that photo really brings back wonderful memories! Great inspiration photo and wonderful card, Jeanne!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

What a marvelous card, Jeanne! And I love the photo, too. Reminds me of pics of my sis & bro at Easter. Of course bro wasn't in a dress then, but my sis & I used to dress him up occasionally, lol.

Mary Dew Lee said...

What a great card and photo! I too have 3 daughters and someplace I have a photo of all of us (me included) wearing matching dresses!

Darnell said...

That was so sweet and charming, Jeanne! It really brought back memories of little girls in dresses, old TV cabinets, and paint-by-number art! Thank you for including us in your walk down Memory Lane!! Your card could not be any more beautifully reflective of those wonderful bygone days!! Hugs, Darnell

Marybeth said...

Jeanne the photo of you and your sisters is just darling! Oh boy do I remember bangs ,my mother always cut them in a hurry on picture day:/ Love that you shared this photo and your card is just perfect! It's close to my heart because of my three girls!

Karen M said...

Love your gorgeous card and thankyou for sharing some fun memories....I am looking forward to seeing some 80's style LOL xx

Kim Heggins said...

This is just too cute and I love that photo of you and your sisters. So so sweet. That dress stamp is my favorite from Serendipity, and you really made it shine.

Lindsey said...

Your card is incredible and so is that picture! I'm so glad you shared it.

Nancy Penir said...

Love the sister photo, and your sweet story.
And love the 3 dresses hanging on a line.! Just the word family says it all! I think I have that floral paper somewhere. So excited I have the same taste picking paper as JJ!

Kara said...

so cute! love your sister photo!

Joyce said...

Fabulously sweet post, Jeanne. Love the card and the photo and story about your sisters. How fun to be right in the middle. Are you guys still close?

Bridget said...

Jeanne, your photo is adorable and your card has captured the sweetness of it perfectly - love the way you've incorporated the flowers, button, twine, pretty dp, and of course, fabulous image, just so incredibly beautifully. As always, it's your use of colour that draws me! I've enjoyed designing with you all this month, what a fabulous DT you have!

JD/ Jill said...

What a cute card! And your photo just goes so perfectly with your card. It brought back memories for me too. No, I did NOT grow up with sisters...(but I do have step sisters) but the picture the dresses Tv, etc...and the paint by number...My hubby is doing one of those right now. (I guarentee you it is not an easy one. He has been posting his progress on his blog for weeks now. Many, many hours have been spent doing it.

Vickie Z said...

Love it!! That pic is so my life....4 girls...lots of hand me downs but, never thought a thing of it!! Gorgeous card!!