Wednesday, September 3, 2014

SSCB#35 Garden Glove


Can you believe it's September already?  I have so many leaves in the yard that I almost grabbed a rake this weekend.  I realized that wouldn't be such a good idea right now because the city won't be coming by with the curb vacuums for another month so I just let them lie!  We're starting a new challenge today at Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog.  A new challenge begins on the first Wednesday of every month.   This month is Summer's Last Hurrah!  It's a celebration of everything summer - fun times outdoors, family vacations, childhood, back to school etc.    I started thinking of the thing I would miss most once summer is over.. and that is my garden.   I love taking a turn in the yard every day and seeing what's new because it's constantly changing.  
Mary added a little extra challenge for the DT - can you tell what we were asked to do?  Yep!  A little paper piecing.  First I stamped the garden glove bouquet on white paper, and colored it with Copic markers.  Next I stamped the glove bouquet on  pretty patterned paper, fussy cut it,  and adhered it to the white card stock glove. 

Need a little inspiration?    Check out what the DT made - just click on their names here.



We have a special guest this month too Bridget Finlay  


The sale this week is  20% off the Words and Verse category - good through Sept 10th
Have a great day!














Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  4.5 x 6.25"
Stamps:  Garden Glove 1207 H, Thinking of You SM 617B
Pattern Paper:  Echo Park "Love Story" Collection 6x6"
Card Stock:  PTI White, SU! Pink PIrouette, Pretty In Pink
Dies:  Spellbinder Back to Basics Tags, Cheery Lynn L7 Oval Classics, XL8 Oval Scallop Large
Seam Binding:  Hug Snug Baby Pink
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers
Strawberry Twinery Twine
Buttons

7 comments:

Marybeth said...

This is beautiful , I really love all the pretty soft pinks and your beautiful bow! Love it Jeanne!

Anonymous said...

LOVE your card - as usual!! Joleen

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty card...like that imaage...the great coloring...and that pretty PINK bow!

Patti said...

Beautiful!! I just love paper piecing! : ) The soft pinks are perfect with this delightful card too!!

Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog.

Patti

Bridget said...

Adorable little garden gloves with such a sweet pattern! And your flowers just pop with beautiful colour - like I said, you REALLY know how to work the colours!! Sooooo pretty, Jeanne!

Joyce said...

This is so pretty. What a stylish gardening glove--perhaps I would be willing to garden if I had cute accessories like this?

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

So pretty, Jeanne! Love the garden glove and sweet colors. the bow, button and papers are lovely.