Thursday, September 4, 2014

Case Study #207 - Debbie Hughes!!!

 Hi and thanks for stopping by!  I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend and are starting to get back in the swing of things.  I feel like I lost a few days - having folks over for dinner and enjoying time with family.    It's Thursday - that means a new challenge begins today at CASE Study.  It's also the FIRST Thursday of the month... and that means a new muse to give your creativity a kick start!  And what a muse we have this month... none other than Debbie Hughes!  

I was in love at first sight with this one.  Lots of the time I ask you if you can see where my inspiration came from, but not this time. I thought this one was perfect all by itself.  Here's how to duplicate this gorgeous layout.  Heat emboss your images with white on vellum.   Next, flip it over and color the back of the vellum with markers - I used Copics.  This is so easy - no "staying in the lines to worry about".  Just use a darker colored marker so that the color comes through.   I pressed mine for a few days between a stack of books to get the vellum to flatten out and then adhered it to white card stock.  Debbie embellished hers with pearls and gems, but I think it's just beautiful as is. 

 I hope you will give this one a try.  Are you looking for a little more inspiration from the DT?  Just click on their names here to jump to their blogs - you will be glad you did - there's lots of pretty projects awaiting you!

Chupa - Iwona Palamountain
Amy Wanford
Tasnim Ahmed
Silke Ledlow
Jill Foster
Gayatri Murali
Anja Curvers
Anna Kossakovskaya
Julia Stainton
Michelle Williams
Annika Lerche

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope I see you at CASE Study Blog Challenge!! 

Hugs!











Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink In Bloom
Dies:  Serendipity Stamps Thanks 
Zing White Embossing Powder
Ink:  Copic Markers, Versafine 
Card Stock:  PTI White, SU Rose Red, Vellum

9 comments:

Joyce said...

Jeanne--this is just gorgeous. You make it sound so easy, too. I love that you used In Bloom stamps--an oldie but goodie for sure.

Cathy Weber said...

Wow...this is almost a one layer card! I agree with Joyce...the In Bloom stamps really are an oldie but goodie...I recognized them right away! Love the very swirly Thanks die too.

Debby Hughes said...

Gorgeous Jeanne! Love the depth of colour you got in the flowers :D

pam said...

hi Jeanne, love your beautiful card, those flowers on velum look gorgeous, perfect colours and layout.
pam x

Kara said...

beautiful!

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous card...Love those sweet flowers too, just beautiful.

Deborah Frings said...

I do like your take on the Debby's card - so pretty!

Anonymous said...

This is so lovely card Jeanne! Really sweet card!!!

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous and perfect case!! I need to do the Copic coloring behind vellum and of course, I adore the Serendipity die cut Thanks!