Thursday, September 18, 2014

CASE STUDY #209 Friends Forever

Hi and thanks for stopping by!  I hope you are having a good week!  I'm still getting used to my kids schedules.  They both go to a local university so they're home each night - but classes are at all different times, and it seems like there is always someone coming or going, and I never know who's home for dinner.  I'm glad the weather is starting to get colder - I'll start making chili, and pot pies and other things that are easy to reheat in a snap.  I need to find some good crock pot recipes that can keep warm and be ready whenever someone decides to come home and eat.  

A new challenge starts today at Case Study Challenge Blog.  Our guestie this month is the fabulous Debbie Hughes!  She has beautiful style and I love her blog.  Is there anything this lady can't do?  Look at this beautiful design for us today.  Embossing, gems, ribbon, and those pretty feathers.  Feeling inspired?  I didn't want to copy Debbie's design, I wanted to make it my own. What did I love most about Debbie's design?  Well ... I zoomed in on that pretty gemmed wreath in the background.  I'm all about color so I switched up the soft dreamy white and kraft colors, and went for some bold blues.  Instead of the horizontal lines from the ribbon and twine, I added card stock stripes before I die cut my wreath.   I can't wait to see what you make for this challenge.  There are so many possibilities!

Need a little more inspiration?  Check out what the rest of the team made for your visit today! 

Chupa - Iwona Palamountain
Amy Wanford
Tasnim Ahmed
Silke Ledlow
Jill Foster
Gayatri Murali
Anja Curvers
Anna Kossakovskaya
Julia Stainton
Michelle Williams
Annika Lerche

Now it's your turn!  You have a week to play - I hope I see you at CASE Study!  It's a great place to get inspired!  Have a great day!!


Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Teeny Trees
Dies:  Poppystamps Trulani Wreath, Serene Bird, Memory Box Tender Leaves
Card Stock:  PTI Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist, Kraft, White, W+9 Nautical Blue
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Gems

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

I adore all of Debby's cards, but I gotta say...I love your version even more. This is fabulous, Jeanne!

Nancy Penir said...

Jeanne, you're perfection in cardmaking! Love that you make the inspiration your own. Lovely, soft circle. simple elegance.

Cathy Weber said...

I love how you used the leaves in place of the feathers in Debby's card. Jeanne, how you come up with so many unique card ideas I will never know! Every card is so different with so many little elements that subtly add special touches, yet I can tell your card from others every single time! Love this one!

Kara said...

cool design!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jeanne I love how you were inspired the wreath and the bird are perfect!

My Paper Epiphany said...

I ADORE your card!

Lisa Minckler said...

This design I love so much. Quite simple layout with a HUGE impact. You are a paper goddess!