Thursday, September 25, 2014

Fusion - Sunflowers

Happy Thursday!  Lots going on here today!  A new challenge at Fusion and CASE Study, and a new Waltzingmouse release!  I hope you'll take some time and look around!    This post is for the new Fusion Challenge called "Sunflowers".  Seriously... isn't this the perfect time of year for this?  Sunflowers just seem perfect for fall.  I even have a few sunflowers in my yard!   I usually cut the heads off when they start drooping and hand them in the garage to dry.  Some of the seeds will get planted next year, and the rest will keep the birds happy and fed over the winter. 

Remember that when you play at Fusion you can use the photo inspiration or the sketch.  If you are feeling clever you can put them together like I did here. 

I love this sunflower die from Poppystamps - it's so detailed.  I cut it out in three different colors of card stock.  The October Afternoon paper adds a country feel to the image and the blue and yellow go together so well!  Want to see what the rest of the ladies made for today?  Just click on their names here to jump to their blogs.  I know you'll be glad you did.


Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!











Finished Size:  4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Teeny Trees
Dies:  Poppystamps Bountiful Sunflower, Cheery Lynn Priscilla Doily, Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Borders One, Spellbinder Tags Trio
Pattern Paper October Afternoon Farm House, Campfire
Twinery Twine Caribbean
Button
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Paper:  PTI Summer SUnrise, Vintage Cream, Aqua Mist, Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold

15 comments:

~amy~ said...

absolutely wonderful...love all the die cutting!

Joyce said...

Your card is just gorgeous, and I love how you have inlaid pieces back into your die cut flower.

Anonymous said...

Love your version of the card - very bright and cheery!

Deepti said...

Love how bright and happy this card is !!

Kara said...

pretty pretty pretty!!!

Sharron said...

Beautiful--love the sunflower die and how you used two shades of yellow! The polka dots and plaid create such a wonderful background. I adore that single blue button for an accent!

The Hardy Stamper said...

Such a pretty card and I love the blue and yellow together - so cheerful!

Julia Aston said...

What a wonderful die cut bloom Jeanne! and beautiful layers of colors and patterns!

Tracey McNeely said...

Really gorgeous Jeanne!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

GORGEOUS!

Nancy Penir said...

Die cut fantasy everywhere! I adore how you layered and showcased this sunflower, one of my favs from Poppystamps. Happy and bright fall card!

Becca Cruger said...

This card is just so happy and full of sunshine! That flower had to take some work to get just right. Really pretty!

I Card Everyone said...

Hi Jeanne!! I think this may be the most beautiful sunflower die I've ever seen! Love your clever card...
=] Michele

Marybeth said...

Jeanne, I love the colors you chose for this one! Gorgeous card and love that die!

Jenelle said...

Very pretty card! I love the colors and the papers you chose.