Friday, October 19, 2012

WMSC120 - Happy Halloween

Are you all set for Halloween?  It's creeping up really quick so I thought I would put Wanda to work one last time before setting her aside for next year!  Halloween is a big affair in my neighborhood.  It doesn't matter if the weather is nice or rainy - adults will be in their driveways next to a fire, and lots of kids will be running in groups from door to door.  Everyone looks out for the kids, and most of us will be outside the house to save them any wait in getting their treats.
This weeks Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge design is inspired by WM DT member Clare Buswell of Clare's Creations.   This design is a great way to showcase your favourite Waltzingmouse stamp.   Clare's designs are always beautifully dressed, and this design has lots of room for that, from the border through the center, to the little "buttons" for embellishing your design.   Remember they can be what ever you like - the sketch is just a guideline.  I started with my sentiment right in the middle.   I stamped Wanda the witch in shadowy grey over the sentiment and added some fussy cut bats for embellishments.  I used lots of layers - the opera tag stamp/die and a big stamped  doily for lots of drama!

 
I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this design!  See you over at WMSC!! Have a great day!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  6" x 6"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Hocus Pocus, Large Doily, Halloween Party, Opera Tags
Patterened Paper:  Graphic 45 Communique Collection "Society Page", The Girls Paperie "Toil & Trouble"
Card Stock:  Papertrey Ink True Bladk, Vintage Cream
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Momento Tangelo, Versafine Smokey Grey
Dies Waltzingmouse Opera Tags, Spellbinder Classic Ovals, Big Scalloped Circles, Edgeabilities Classic Petals, Clssic Die Inserts 3
Corner Chomper We R Memory Keepers : Angle
7/8" Double Faced Orange Satin
5/8" Grosgrain Polka dot The Ribbon Reel
Button  Bazzil Bling
Brad Basic Grey

22 comments:

Pauline said...

Beautiful card Jeanne with that gorgeous big bow! Love the papers, and the fabulous layered frame!

Helen Berry said...

Love every single detail Jeanne!! Fabulous use of all those stamps - lovely, lovely layers! *happy sigh* and just look at that bow!!! YUM X X X

Helen Berry said...

Love every single detail Jeanne!! Fabulous use of all those stamps - lovely, lovely layers! *happy sigh* and just look at that bow!!! YUM X X X

Deborah Frings said...

Oh my!!! This is truly magnificent. Love the papers, the fabulous opera tag and the bats! Love it!

Kara said...

beautiful!! you mix in so many details just so perfectly!!

NanaConnie said...

Gorgeous, Jeanne! What an incredible bow!

Tigriswillreign said...

I can't stop looking at this! Fabulous!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jeanne you amaze me with your layering talent. This card is so so gorgeous and that orange ribbon--oh my!

Marybeth said...

I sure love what you have been making with the new Opera tags. The papers you chose for this one are gorgeous . Love it all, I am going to hate to put away my Halloween stamps.

Maria said...

Ohhh...so colorful and so pretty! It makes for the perfect Halloween card...love it!

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Hi Jeanne,oh wow! Your card is absolutely gorgeous!! Well done!! Love the card! :)

Anne-Elise said...

Beautiful Halloween card, Jeanne! Love the doily and the gorgeous bow! Hugs

The Paper Parade said...

Jeanne, you never cease to amaze me at how beautiful each and every one of your cards are! I just love the doily on this one, and I really love the grey silhouette of the witch with the sentiment stamped right over her...that looks awesome!

Vickie Z said...

Love the doily background and sentiment stamped over image! Fabulous bow as always!

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful layering on this Jeanne! love the stamps you used - a super Halloween card!

Joyce said...

Such a fun Halloween card. It is really getting me in the mood for trick or treating.

JJ Bolton said...

Jeanne, you do the absolute best Halloween cards! You always make Halloween so beautifully elegant!

I just love this card so much! All the beautiful details blow me away!

Cathy Weber said...

So much to comment on here Jeanne...love the cut edges with the patterned paper corners showing through. The doily was the first image I thought of when I saw the sketch and with the opera tag over it...perfect! Cute little bats and that big poofy bow and gem. Really cute card!

Kelly S. said...

I squealed when I saw this, Jeanne! I LOVE the witch in shadow behind the sentiment! It's sooo spooky and mysterious! Also love how you layered the tag and label. Awesome patterned paper choices and bedazzled BOW!

Sharron said...

I always love your amazing Halloween cards. This one is so gorgeous with all the layering! Stamping a shadowy Wanda behind the sentiment and adding the flying bats creates the perfect Halloween mood.

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is amazing, Jeanne! I love the sentiment over the witch silhouette! Super job!!

Kim Heggins said...

This is just amazing...love all of your wonderful details and that sentiment over my favorite little witch, so perfect.