Saturday, October 20, 2012

The Ribbon Reel Challenge #39 Shabby Naturals

Have you checked out the latest inspiration photo from The Ribbon Reel Challenge?  The directions this week are to use the colors from the photo and add burlap/twine/ribbon and MAKE IT SHABBY!!  I loved this photo - looks like it came from the Midwest!  The kind of porch scene that makes you want to sit down and set a spell!  That's Indiana speak for stay a while!  I took inspiration from the lamps in the photo and decided to go with the new Waltzingmouse Bright Season stamps.  I think they are perfect for all year round!  In the summer I have all sorts of lanterns hanging from hooks in my yard from mason jars with tea lights to cast iron with swinging doors!  This is a "thank you" for lighting the way or maybe brightening my day!
I mounted my stamped image on a big square of burlap that I trimmed to size.  I also distressed it with some Antique Linen to give it more of a vintage look.  There's lots of ribbon, twine, burlap and lace options at the Ribbon Reel, it's really impossible to go wrong when selecting some beautiful embellishments for whatever you are working on.  I used some pretty crochet lace and flowers.
I hope you find some time to play.  Challenges last two weeks so you can kick around ideas for a while if you like.  There's also lots of inspiration from their amazing design team to get you started.Have a beautiful day!

Jeanne


Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  5" x 7"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Cameo To GO, Bright Season
Pattern Paper:  My Mind's Eye Lost and Found Collection Union Square "Perfect" Damask Print
Card Stock Papertrey Ink:  Vintage Cream, Kraft
Ink:  Momento Dandelion, Cantaloupe, Ranger Distress Antique Linen, Versafine Onyx Black
Dies:  Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Frame Two, Spellbinders Tags Trio
Burlap
Lace Ribbon Reel May Arts Crochet Ivory 1.5"
Roses and Hydrangea The Ribbon Reel
Buttons:  Papertrey Ink
Burlap Cord Natural 1/8" May Arts
Twinery Twine Flax

13 comments:

Pauline said...

Simply stunning Jeanne! That lamp is perfect against the hessian backdrop, fun buttons and pretty lace! Gorgeous creation!
Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

Anne-Elise said...

Gorgeous card, Jeanne! Love the lamp, the flowers and the pretty buttons! Hugs

Helen Berry said...

Woohoo!! So glad you're playing along Jeanne!! Oh my gosh - I absolutely LOVE this card!! I think the lamp stamp is perfect for this inspiration pic and I adore the burlap, lace and sweet blooms. Thanks so much for joining us at TRR x x

The Paper Parade said...

Oh my gosh Jeanne, this is beautiful! I love that burlap with the lacy ribbon, and the lantern truly shines! You have such a great eye for inspiration photos!

Lisa Minckler said...

I wonder if the owners of that home would mind too terribly if I just took up residence on their porch? What a cozy and welcoming little retreat they have and blazing burlap would you look at how you've interpreted that photo onto a card! The textures, design and focal element speak volumes. A truly warming and wondrful card Jeanne! CRIPES...I love your work. :)

Suzanne said...

A beautiful photo and an even more beautiful interpretation in card form, Jeanne! Pure magic! Off to check out that challenge site!

Julia Aston said...

What a gorgeous inspired card Jeanne! love that lantern and the burlap piece!

Marybeth said...

Love the photo and your gorgeous card. Such wonderful colors or non colors, well I love them. You sure made burlap look elegant. First time I have seen the lantern look like this and I love it.

Joyce said...

This is such a beautiful card. You made burlap look elegant--you are quite the magician.

Michelle said...

Wow! Jeanne, this is amazingly beautiful! I love that lantern stamp!

JJ Bolton said...

Only you can make burlap look so decadent! So beautiful! And I'm in love with that oversized lantern image. Stunning!

Sharron said...

Love the photo--and really wish I had a porch like that! Your card captures the look perfectly. It's amazing how you combined the twine & burlap with the lace and pretty flowers to create a shabby elegant card!

purple_pea_fran said...

Gorgeous work, you've nailed the inspo picture! Thanks for sharing with us at The Ribbon Reel.