Friday, October 5, 2012

WMSC #118 - Noel

Yeahhh!  It's Saturday! There is so much going on today since it is World Card Making Day!  Another first for me - I have three posts today - Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge, the Operation Write Home Blog Hop and Paper Sweeties!  So if you have time to browse, grab a cup of coffee - I know there is going to be so much to see today as card makers from around the world celebrate our day!
Here's the new sketch this week for the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge.  It's from Waltzingmouse Design Team Member Sarah Martina Parker.  Sarah's a fussy girl so you're sure to see lots of eye candy if you check out her blog.    I saw the half circle shape in the middle of the card that looks like the sun coming up over the horizon and was immediately hit with the image of a poinsettia peeking out behind a big sentiment banner.  I hope you find some time to play along.  You can find lots of examples and inspiration from the Mischief Makers on the blog. 
I double stamped the poinsettia image with rich cocoa ink (seems a little more natural than black ink) and colored them both up with Copic Markers.  I only used three colors for the poinsettia R81, 83 & 85.  I fussy cut them and layered them on top of each other.  The top one I cut off some of the outer flower petals so you can see the dimension better
I didn't have any yellow pearls, so I colored some regular ones with a Y38 Copic.  I used different sizes to try to make it look more natural.  The post bow is made with seam binding,  topped with a natural burlap button thread  bow.  The cherry on top is a pretty brad I had in my stash.  I liked the polka dots matching with the PP.  I cut off the metal fastener and hot glued it to stay in place.
Here's the finished card. For the "Noel" border I stamped some poinsettias from the set randomly on the paper, distressed the edges, and then stamped the sentiment in VersaFine Onyx Black for a crisp dark imprint.  I distressed first to avoid smearing the black.
 
 Thanks for having a look - enjoy World Card Making day! 

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished SIze 5" x 7"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Say It Loud, Winter Holiday, Big Bloom Poinsettias
Paper:  My Mind's Eye 6x6" Pad Merry Collection, Solid Paper Papertrey Ink Stampers Select White, Stampin Up Rose Red, Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette, Pretty In Pink
Brad
Copic Markers R81, 83, 85 Y38
Button Twine:  Waltzingmouse
Seam Binding: Hug Snug Baby Pink
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Spun Sugar, Momento Tuxedo Black
Twinery Twine Strawberry
Gems, Lace
Border Punch:  Ek Success Dotted Scallop

10 comments:

Kara said...

Beautiful Love the poinsettia and all of the distressing. I'll have to try this sketch today!!

~Tammy~ said...

You are one busy lady! This is amazing! I love the dimension! Wow! The pink melts my heart! :-))))

Cathy Weber said...

This is so pretty...such a great take on the sketch. The poinsettia was such a creative take on the circle in the inspiration picture. I noticed your new picture of you and your puppy...sorry if I missed it before,but what a cutie although I know what a little devil she is too!

Suzanne said...

I am going to tell you what Renee will say: I DIE!!!!!!!!!!

For real! OMG! Jeanne!!!!

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Drop dead gorgeous card! I heart this card!! :)

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely fabulous card! Love the papers and the really pretty sentiment panel. Great stuff!!

Christina said...

Oh my! Will you come over and color some of these poinsettias for me? This is simply gorgeous, and I'm loving the pink tones. :)

Sharron said...

Wow, such dreamy colors--love your beautifully colored pink poinsettia! There are just so many awesome details with a wonderful blend of the colors! Love it!!

Jill Norwood said...

Jeanne this is so gorgeous! I am enjoying paging through your blog tonight and looking at all of the beautiful cards you have been creating!!! Wow! So inspiring!!!

JJ Bolton said...

Jeanne, I would have never done pink and red together like this for a Christmas card! I'm in total awe! WMS has the most beautiful poinsettias and this was a good reminder to take my set out NOW:) Hope you're having a wonderful week!