Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Papers Sweeties Sketch Challenge - November 2012

Hey!  Have  you heard?  There's a new game in town!  The Paper Sweeties is officially launching a monthly sketch challenge!  So it's time to grab you're favorite set and come play!!.   All you need to do is make a creation following the monthly theme and link it on the Paper Sweeties blog to enter.  One winner will receive two Paper Sweetie Stamp sets of their choice.  Here's the sketch for this month from Ms. Shabby Chic herself Debbie Marcinkiewicz - founder of Paper Sweeties!

 Since it is a monthly challenge I thought I would make a Thanksgiving inspired card.   I confess that I am not sure who the paper is by.  It has been in my hoard - I mean stash - for a while now and it always reminds me of Thanksgiving.  It goes back to my pre-blog days when I didn't keep track of brands - just collecting the patterns that I loved.  I  use it sparingly and it's made it through more than a few seasons!   I'm thinking you know what I'm talking about here!    I colored in Jake and Abigail with Copic markers and couldn't resist using the little Tom turkey in the set as my bow topper!  Isn't he the cutest with his little hat, boots, and collar?

Here is the finished card...

Thanks for stopping by for a visit!  I hope you find some time to play and check out the new challenge site at Paper Sweeties!

Hugs!
Jeanne

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Paper Sweeties PS-A Abigail, PS-J Jake, PS-31 Happy Thanksgiving, PS-30 Gobble Gobble
Patterned Paper:  MY STASH 
Card stock:  Papertrey Ink Kraft, Aqua Mist
Dies:  Cheery Lynn Dutch Tulip Doily
Copic Markers
Versafine Onyx Black, Momento Tuxedo Black
7/8" wired aqua organza, Twinery Caribbean, 1" white lace

8 comments:

NanaConnie said...

This is so cute, Jeanne! Love the pilgrim kids and that turkey is incredible! Beautifully done. :-D

Cathy Weber said...

Every detail is so perfect on your card Jeanne...love the bow and twine with the button...love the coloring on the little pilgrims and that is the cutest turnkey pilgrim too! Great card

Sharron said...

That background paper is gorgeous! And the little pilgrims are adorable. I think the turkey is my favorite though--he is SO CUTE!

Debbie said...

This card is simply adorable, Jeanne -- a perfect take on our inaugural sketch challenge! Thank you so much for your fabulous inspiration :)

Jinny Newlin said...

Gosh, I love that background paper! It's so striking! And this color combo is pure scrumptiousness! So pretty, Jeanne!

Helen Berry said...

Totally gorgeous Jeanne! What a cute couple - love the turkey embellie too! Cute!! X x x

Lisa Minckler said...

Terrific Thanksgiving card. That bg paper looks like a modern arrangement of maize...very cool!

Jill Norwood said...

This is just precious! I love it!!!!