Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Welcome October!

Fall is in full swing here in the Midwest! The streets are scattered with colorful leaves that fly in all different directions when you drive by and crunch under your feet when you're walking. Some of my favorite things about fall... the clean crisp air, and that crunch... seriously! Lots of great memories of leaf fights - throwing giant hand fulls at each other, and still nothing like jumping into a mountain of them! I do hate raking them all up and dragging them to the curb to get vacuumed up - but everything else in between is alright with me!
I've been working my way through this set of oval months by Serendipity Stamps. They are beautifully rendered and really a breeze to color. I love that each month depicts images appropriately suited to that particular month. October is no exception adorned with pumpkins and pretty fall leaves. I colored mine up with Copic markers, fussy cut it and then layered it with a label die on some colorful strips of paper. I cut the label die in half because it wasn't long enough to peek out of both sides of he oval image. The bow is button twine topped with a die cut leaf from Spellbinders Fall Foliage (yes it's a new one!). I think this would be a beautiful October birthday card, or just a great excuse to drop someone a line!
Thanks for having a look and Happy Fall Ya'll!!

Jeanne

Supplies Used: Finished Size 6" x6"
Stamps: Large Oval Cling October
Paper: My Minds Eye 6x6 Pad Reunion, Papertrey Ink Canyon Clay
Markers: Copic
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black
Border Punch: FIskars Scallop
Button Twine: Waltzingmouse
Dies; Spellbinder Fancy Framed Tags One, Fall Foliage
Pearls: Recollections, Button Papertrey Ink

14 comments:

Pauline said...

Absolutely beautiful Jeanne! I love the pop of turquoise with the rich warm colours, so pretty!

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous!!!!!! I love the way the scalloped edge looks with those printed papers ,totally changes the look of it. Beautiful October card! 108 here.:(

The Paper Parade said...

Jeanne, all these patterns are beautiful! I love the colors and the leaf cut out of the text paper is really nice!

Ros Crawford said...

What a gorgeous gorgeous card this is ... I love it!

Jinny Newlin said...

What a beautiful card, Jeanne! LOVE that little, texty leaf! And the woodgrain is a fantastic neutral for all those yummy, fall colors!

Marlena M. said...

I love this fall card Jeanne~gorgeous leaf and colors!

Cathy Weber said...

I always look forward to your monthly calendar cards Jeanne...this one is beautiful, love the scalloped edge along the bottom, those cute little patterned banners and the neat way you cut your die in half to extend it beyond the stamped focal point. I also love that leaf! A perfect touch for a Fall card. I can't wait to see what you come up with for November!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jeanne your card is gorgeous, I love all the patterned papers you chose.

Joyce said...

What a pretty card. I love all those pretty patterned banners, and your choice of colors--really says fall. I hope it is fall where you are--it's still hot here.

Oscar said...

Oh my Jeanne, this is just gorgeous, I love the bright colours against the woodgrain paper x

ladybug said...

This card just makes me want to jump into fall leaves and play! Love the little scalloped border at the bottom!

Natty said...

Oh I just love this card and all the layers and elements. Lovely!

Lisa Minckler said...

Dagnabit, I love this too! Holy moley this is adorable. Is it the textures, colors, design, I don't know, it just ALL goes together so beautifully.

Miriam said...

I love, love, love this card!