Thursday, October 11, 2012

Case Study - Floral Butterfly

Hi and thanks for stopping by today!  I am still so excited to be the Guest Designer for the month of October over at Case Study Blog Challenge.  The muse this month is Julia Stainton of Belle Papier and Wow!   Case Study is a great place to be inspired and try some new techniques and make some new friends along the way!  
Check out this inspiration photo for this week!  First - check the inspiration photo, next check the design team inspiration - last - make it all you!  When I first saw this card I was immediately struck by all those little fringes of measuring tape!  Did you see little sewing accessories as embellishments?  Adorable right?   I knew I wanted to do something with layers and this is where I came up with the rows and rows of scallops.  Instead of a big flower I decided on a beautiful butterfly!  To contrast with the color of the scallops I made my butterfly and accessories aqua blue.  The ribbon is velvet.   I love the rainbow of color - check out this close up..

Here is the finished card....
I hope you like it!  And I hope you get some time to play this week.  Case is looking for their next guest designer.  You have to play to win!  Just link up your creation and put a "GD" behind your name!  I hope to see you there and can't wait to see what you come up with!

Thanks!
Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size 5x7"
Paper: Papertrey Ink Pure Poppy, Raspberry Fizz, Hibiscus Burst,  Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest
Stampin Up!  Regal Rose, Pretty In Pink, Tangerine Tango
Dies:  Serendipity Stamps  Floral Butterfly, Solid Butterfly
Brad:  Brides
Gems:  Recollections (Michael's)
1" Jade Velvet Ribbon by Decorative Trim (Hobby Lobby)
1 1/2" Wired Orange Ribbon by Pure Color (Hobby Lobby)
Twinery Twine Caribbean
Border Punch:  EK Success Double Embossed Dotted Lace

22 comments:

Pauline said...

Wow Jeanne! What an eye popper! Stunning mix of colours and shapes, and that fabulous damask paper! Wonderful design!

Shannon White said...

Oh Wow Jeanne!! This is Gorgeous!! Love your take on the fringe and bright cheery colors! Your Butterfly is just Fabulous and I am loving the blingy flourishes too! Just Love this Lady! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Helen Berry said...

Absolutely exquisite!! I love how you interpreted the style of the inspiration card. Gorgeous Serendipity butterfly, a rainbow of beautiful colours and the beautiful bling! Just stunning x

Unknown said...

Jeanne, you have a wonderful way of mixing color. This is beyond pretty and your butterfly is truly stunning. I love the design of this card and your interpretation of the inspiration photo! Hugs

Kristi said...

Love it Jeanne! The bright happy colors and scallops are gorgeous!

NanaConnie said...

Great rainbow of layers, Jeanne, and that rhinestone swirl is magnificent! Great job.

Kim Heggins said...

wow...what an amazing card. Love what you did with all of the scallops and then the addition of all that bling, so beautiful.

Tracey McNeely said...

Jeanne, this is gorgeous! So many awesome layers!

Vickie Z said...

Stunning! Love the layers of scallops and colors you chose!! The velvet trim, big ole' bow, bling, and butterfly are fabulous!!

Cathy Weber said...

Bam! As Emeril likes to say, this one is right up there with all my other favorites of yours. I LLOVE, LOVE, LOVE all those scallops! Such a pretty rainbow of colors and the beautiful Serendipity butterfly was the perfect choice to go with them. The sparkly gems was icing on the cake. Love this one Jeanne!

Lisa Minckler said...

The aqua blue is a wonderful choice to break up the colors, that looks sensational! Your take on the beautiful inspiration card is just fantastic Jeanne. Scallops are no doubt, the perfect choice and the butterfly truly stands out here. :)
Super job my friend!

Joyce said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. I love that layered butterfly (thanks!) and those rows of colored scallops are just so striking.

Christina said...

What a beautiful burst of colors, Jeanne! The aqua was a fabulous choice for the butterfly. Love the silk ribbon and gem flourish, too!

Marybeth said...

Wow, what a wonderful bright card Jeanne! I love all your happy layers of vibrant colors. Those scallops never looked better. Gorgeous butterfly too. Congrats again on the DT spot this month.

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty! I love the brightly colored scallops, and that jewel flourish is the perfect touch for the beautiful butterfly accent!

The Paper Parade said...

Congrats on being guest designer!! I love what you've created...all those scallops of different colors are beautiful...and then the jewels on top are awesome!

Ros Crawford said...

What a beautiful colourful card this is ... those scallops are divine!

Sharron said...

Stunning, Jeanne! The scallops in the array of colors are awesome! Turquoise was a great contrast color for the butterfly and I love how you added the matching velvet ribbon. You're doing a wonderful job as Guest Designer this month!

Deborah Frings said...

STUNNING!!! This is absolutely wonderful - love the colours and the beautiful butterfly. Oh yes, the gems too!

Jinny Newlin said...

What a stunning ombre effect, Jeanne! Fantastic!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Just popped over to say I think your card is absolutely a stunner! I just love everything about it.

JJ Bolton said...

I thought I already posted a comment on this one, because I *know* I've seen it! This is probably one of my favorites that you've done! From the butterfly, to the rainbow scallops, to the blingy flourish ~ wow!!! So cool Jeanne!