Wednesday, October 24, 2012

RCC #73 Halloween Spirit

Happy Wednesday!  Wow!  You would not believe the warm weather here in the Midwest - it feels like spring!  So glad I didn't break down and turn the furnace on last week.  Today I was tempted to turn on the air!  Ahhhh... life in the Midwest - you just never know what to expect! 

Today I'm playing along with the Ribbon Carousel Blog Challenge - Halloween Spirit!  Only a few requirements - follow the theme and use ribbon or twine.  And get this... one random winner will receive a ribbon carousel!  How cool is that?  Well you have to play to win so you better get to it!
I decided to make some fun rosettes to decorate with.  I don't use a die - just cut a strip of paper 12" x 2" - run one edge through a border punch and then score every 1/4".  Zig zag fold and assemble by adhering the ends together and hot gluing a punched circle to the center of both sides of your rosette for stability.  The decorating after that is all up to you.  I used wooden kitchen skewers for my "wands".  I wrapped them in satin ribbon, and then ran twine over them.  Its easy to wrap the skewers - just hot glue the end of  the ribbon on the edge of the skewer.  Turn the skewer to wrap it up!  Hot glue the opposite end when you have the entire length of the skewer covered.  Here's some close ups of each. 



These are fun to pop into a vase, a planter, or maybe a cupcake or a big bowl of candy?  YUM!  Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Cats Life Press
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Antique Linen
Paper:  My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Two Collection Sunshine Damask "Two of Us", K&Co. Ghostly Greetings Specialty Paper, Glitter Paper DCWV, Grafix Foil Board
Kitchen Skewers
Border Punch Fiskars
Die Cuts:  Spellbinders Inverted scalloped Circles, Classic Circles, Parisian Accents
1.5" Wired Ribbon, 1/4" Satin Ribbon, Twine, Silver Thread
Silver Beads

7 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Your rosettes and ribbon are beautiful Jeanne!

Joyce said...

I can't believe that those rosetts are so easy. You must be fibbing--just a little, maybe? And, with your decorations, and the addition of a bow--just spectacular Halloween creations.

Marybeth said...

Wow!!!
I agree with Joyce, and mine never turn out like this.

Oh man these look like so much fun. Jeanne these are gorgeous, love the colors and beautiful big bows you added. I would say you used ribbon in the best way. I am off to see if I can make a rosette like yours.

Caroline said...

I love these the designs are fabulous and the colours used are gorgeous. Caroline xxx

Pauline said...

These are such fun Jeanne! Brilliant design!

Lisa Minckler said...

Perfect!!!!!!

Chrisvnjd said...

Wow!!! I agree with Joyce, and mine never turn out like this. Oh man these look like so much fun. Jeanne these are gorgeous, love the colors and beautiful big bows you added. I would say you used ribbon in the best way. I am off to see if I can make a rosette like yours.