Saturday, October 6, 2012

Happy World Card Making Day!!

Happy World Cardmaking Day!  I have three posts today -so if you are looking for my Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge or Operation Write Home Blog Hop Posts, please scroll down.   (Thank You !!)  Paper Sweeties is celebrating too, and WOW! do they have some beautiful cards featured on their blog to celebrate today!  Since I started blogging I've found that crafters and card makers are some of the most caring people I have ever met.  I am so thankful and blessed for the people I have met on line who have touched my life so deeply.  This card is for you!!


I'm going to keep this short and sweet because I am sure you will have lots and lots of blogs to visit today!  My card today features a sentiment from the upcoming Paper Sweeties release that will be available on October 15.   I made a layered shabby chic card with some glitter sprinkled roses and some yummy gems.  Can't be too fancy for good friends right?  I hope you like it and that you have a beautiful day! 
Thanks for stopping by and for all the love you spread to make every day extra ordinary!  I am so thankful for YOU!

Hugs!
Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size 6" x 6"
Stamp:  Paper Sweeties PS-25
Paper Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden Collection "Flower Blooms" and "Botanical Gardens",  Solid Papers by Papertrey Ink Kraft, Vintage Cream, Stampin Up Bashful Blue
Dies:  Cheery Lynn Mexican Tile Pattern, Spellbinders Nested Pennants, Fanciful Flight, Bird Sanctuary
Button Twine Waltzingmouse
Lace:  May Arts Ribbon Reel
Gems:  Recollections
Flowers:  Prima Symphony Blend

21 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

This is so beautiful! Happy WCMD!

Lisa Minckler said...

Well, this is true, only the best for me! Bwhahahahahahahaha...kidding! Jeanne, what a beautiful card for all your friends. You could make a post it note look amazing, but what you've done with this card is sensational.
Thank you for the wonderful sneak peek. :D
hugs and have a terrific weekend,
me xx

Kristi said...

Hi Jeanne! Love How you layered all the gorgeous die cuts! So beautiful! happy World Card Making Day!

Paula S. said...

Wow that Mexican Tile dies is fabulous....such a nice vintage feel to this card. (I have to leave your blog now... I can hear my wallet starting to cry :) LOL, great stuff!

Cathy Weber said...

Just look at all the details on this card! The little gems on the birdcage...that neat Mexican Tile diecut, the flowers with all their glitter, and that sentiment with the very neat font. Really pretty...3 posts, you have been so busy!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh How GORGEOUS this is ... I love everything about this ... so beautiful!

Suzanne said...

Jeanne! Happy WCMD!

I lost my breath when I saw this...that tile die is AMAZING!

The Paper Parade said...

3 posts today?! Wow! You're on a roll :) Well for World Card Making Day, I guess that fits perfectly! What a sweet card to make for your blogger friends...I agree, I've "met" some really great people though this wonderful hobby, too!

Jinny Newlin said...

So pretty, Jeanne! So many gorgeous details, and that Paper Sweeties sentiment fits perfectly!

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Such a pretty lovely card! I love the colors! :)

Pauline said...

A beautiful card Jeanne! i love the ornate frame, and the pretty patterned papers! Gorgeous card!

Kary said...

Hi Jeanne! This is SO beautiful!! Love the colours and the pretty details. Happy World Cardmaking Day! I'm sorry I've not been around - still trying to find a balance. Glad to be back to the corporate life, but it's "consuming" me. Take care, have a lovely weekend!!

Ger said...

So beautiful! Ger x.

Peanut said...

Super-stunning, Jeanne! Love the details- plenty going on but everything comes together beautifully.

I haven't crafted since Thursday and missed Cardmaking day altogether! Sending you my belated wishes all the same!

hugs

Marybeth said...

Perfectly elegant and beautiful! You make so many card and yet each one is still a work of art..I am in awe!
Happy Card Making Day!

Debbie said...

So beautiful!! Love all the layers of gorgeous embellishments and the Paper Sweeties sentiment!!

Sharron said...

This is so gorgeous--with such a beautiful blend of elements! The Mexican tile is just awesome and I love all the details you added to the bird cage. Happy Card Making Day and TFS your creations!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Wow, Jeanne...this card has amazing depth and dimension. Love the beautiful flower and butterfly extras you added to this outstanding creation. FANTASTIC!

JJ Bolton said...

Look at that beauty! I really love how you chose to do that intricate die cut in kraft! Such a great background for the rest of the card:)

Julia Aston said...

This is just lovely Jeanne! what a wonderful lacey die cut base - beautiful papers and roses!

Mona Pendleton said...

Happy belated WCMD Jeanne! Your card is so pretty! Love all the pretty die cuts!