Friday, October 12, 2012

WMSC119 - Halloween Pinwheels

Happy Saturday!   My son's cross country team made it through sectional,  so it's off to regional today.  Later he will be joining my husband at camp in Michigan for the weekend.  They are both members of the Order of the Arrow and plan on doing some service work to keep the camp lodge up to snuff for visitors.  That gives me some quiet time!  I know there will be a small mountain of laundry when they return so I will enjoy the silence!  Another plus.. no cooking today!!!
It's time to grab a cup of coffee (tea for me please - yes with ice!  I don't care how cold it is outside!!) and see what's new at Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge.  I can't wait to see who made Top Mouse!  There were so many pretty submissions last week.  All the new designs from the last release are back in stock so now is a great time to play!  You can see your favorite images in new designs and you might just win a free set!!  The sketch this time is by Becca Feeken of Amazing Paper Grace.   This design stumped me for a bit - thinking on what to use for the circles, I decided on some Halloween pinwheels.   We can't be all spooky now can we?

I double stamped the pinwheels in each of the three colors.  I fussy cut one set of each (there are digital files available if you have a cutter), the second set I cut down to the small solid "petals" and set them on pop dots to add some dimension.  I layered them on some fancy die cut squares and topped them with a bitty gem.
I found a spool of double layered netting at Hobby Lobby.  It has just a rough sewn edge so I topped that with some orange satin ribbon.  Looks so clean doesn't it?  Thanks for having a look!  I hope you find some time this week to play!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size: 5" x 7"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Playful Pinwheels, Cicely at Halloween
Patterned Paper:  Fancy Pants Design, October 31 Collection "Eerie"
Solid Paper:  Papertrey Ink:  Stampers Select White, Orange Zest, True Black, Plum Pudding
Dies:  Spellbinder Venetian Accents
Ink:  Stampin Up Tangerine Tango, Momento Grape Jelly, Versafine Onyx Black
Pin:  Wild Orchid Crafts
Button:  Papertrey Ink
Misc. Gems
Ribbon:  7/8" Double Face Satin Orange, 1 3/4" Black Netting by Decorative Trim (Hobby Lobby)

19 comments:

Pauline said...

Fab card Jeanne! Love those pinwheels and the fun Halloween colours!

Deborah Frings said...

Oh what fun!!!! Love the way you've done the pinwheels, and that bow is just superb!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh this is gorgeous!! Just love those little pinwheels ... beautifully designed and executed too

Tigriswillreign said...

This is so lovely!!

Julia Aston said...

who knew the pinwheels would work for a Halloween card - I guess you did Jeanne!!!! love the die cut behind them and the wonderful bright orange ribbon over the cool black netting!

Lisa Minckler said...

CAS and classy and fun and eerily Halloweeny! Who'd a thunked, pinwheels on a Halloween card. I love them!!!

NanaConnie said...

Wonderful pinwheels, Jeanne! I adore that fabulous orange bow against the black tulle!

Suzanne said...

Jeanne! You make me want to run to my craft room each and every time I see your work! Speaking of which...this week I realized that you are a COVER GIRL!! HUGE HUGE congrats! I am psyched for you!

The Paper Parade said...

Those pinwheels are awesome, and I really love that little "skirt" that is underneath the ribbon!

Marybeth said...

This might be a new favorite of mine! ( Next card will most likely be too) I love the way you did the pinwheels with the die behind them. Love the black tulle you stitched too! Hope you get to enjoy a quite house . I love Iced tea too but have to have coffee in the morning. Even when it cold out?

Unknown said...

Love the pinwheels Jeanne! A bolt of inspiration for sure as I sit here trying to think of something fun to put on my rosette lol. I love this non-spooky card and the ruffle is a spectacular touch. You certainly made the most of Becca's sketch and I love the color combo too. Hope you enjoyed your day. Hugs

Vickie Z said...

Love those pinwheels and big orange bow with black tulle!! Is the tea sweetened or unsweetened?

Tracey McNeely said...

Can you say gorgeous? That ribbon is wonderful, the die behind your pinwheels is fantastic and I love the green stick pin.

Cathy Weber said...

I could have sworn I commented on this great pinwheel card, but guess not...such a pretty card and I love that big orange bow. We really must think alike, I just finished a card with some black tulle on it. Great job with this weeks sketch Jeanne.

Sharron said...

Awesome card, Jeanne! The trio of pinwheels look fantastic and I especially love how you used the die cuts under them. And the gorgeous orange bow with the black tulle are SO pretty! Hope you enjoyed your quiet time!

Joyce said...

This is brilliant. Those small pinwheels are so sweet.

Christina said...

I love purple as a Halloween color! Gorgeous satin bow, tulle, and pinwheels, Jeanne.

JJ Bolton said...

That bow is to die for! Just so incredibly beautiful! And the netting is a cool unexpected detail!

The nearest Hobby Lobby is over an hour away from me, but they have the neatest stuff don't they?

Anne-Elise said...

What a fab Halloween card, Jeanne! Love the pretty pinwheels and the gorgeous bow! Have a great weekend!