Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Case Study - Halloween Greetings

Oooh...some fabulous news for you today!! For the month of October I get to be Guest Designer at CASE Study Challenge Blog!!  This has always been one of my favorite places to play.  How can you go wrong with weekly inspiration from Iwona (Chupa) Palamountain, Amy Wanford, Andrea Ewen, Christina MacLaren, Clare Buswell, Debby Hughes, Jean Martin, Maureen Plut, and Teneale Williams?  
Every month CASE hosts a guest "Muse"!  This month's it's Julia Stainton from Belle Papier and this is her creation to inspire us!  Now let me explain what I love about Case Study... you get introduced to a fabulous designer, you get to see the design team take on the challenge and then you get to play!  You can use anything from the design as a source of inspiration.  You can use the sketch layout, the color scheme, or one of the theme elements (like the clock) .. and the rest is all up to YOU!    C&S or Fussy - doesn't matter - it's all about what inspires YOU!  The thing I like the very most about CASE is that it always gets me to try something new or look at things in a different way.
The element that struck me most that I wanted to try was the stamping on the patterned paper.  Seems like I am always stamping on white or cream - never on paper that already has a pattern.    I thought that a stamp with less detail would have the most impact.  I kept the same layout as the original - I just changed up the theme.
Here's the finished card...
If you'd like a chance to be the Guest Designer at CASE you have to play along!  Just link up your creation with a "GD" behind your name, and who knows???   You might just be next!!  I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with and most of all what inspires YOU!

Hugs!
Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size 6" x 6"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Halloween Party, Hocus Pocus, Say it Loud Winter Holiday
Dies:  Spellbinder Shadow Flowers, Grand Labels One
Paper:  Authentique 6x6" Glowing Collection, Papertrey Ink True Black, Vintage Cream
Lace: Waltzingmouse
Rose:  Wild Orchid Crafts
Twine:  My Mind's Eye  Thanks Kara!
Bead Spray:  Hobby Lobby
Ink:  Stampin Up! Pumpkin Pie, Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Distress Spiced Marmalade, Antique Linen
Glittery Flourish Accent:  Recollections

19 comments:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Jeanne, I'm stoked that you're playing along with us this month! Since I've already seen most of your cards, I know you're going to leave a fabulous impression and I can't wait to share them all :)
Enjoy your month!

Pauline said...

Wow Jeanne, what a stunning card! Love the stamped Wanda on your spotty paper, a truly magical card! Love it!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh WOW!!! what a super creation ... many congrats on your guest spot ... well deserved I say ...

Peanut said...

Enchanting, mysterious...an amazing Halloween card, Jeanne! Love the colours and the details.

Kristi said...

Girlfriend, I have been seeing you and your wonderful creations all over the place! Congrats on your guest designing spot. I was flipping through my latest issue of CARDS the other day and saw you! Loved your Halloween tag!
Great Halloween card, too!!

Hugs,
Kristi

Joyce said...

Oh, Jeanne--congratulations on being a guest designer. And, you knocked your first assignment out of the park. What a fun idea--stamping on patterned paper. You picked the perfect paper and stamp.

Cathy Weber said...

Congratulations on being guest designer...you have deserved this title for such a long time! Such a pretty card today, love that lace behind the flower with the twine and your great stamping of Wanda and the swirls. You have to stamp on patterned paper more often, you really have a knack for it!

Marybeth said...

Congrats, Jeanne! You will be a great GD . Great Halloween card and gorgeous cotton lace flower embellishment. I love stamping on printed paper, and love the way yours looks. Have fun as GD.

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh my Jeanne! What a beautiful Halloween card! Lovin' all the layers and the fancy flower embellishment!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love this Jeanne, you are so talented. I love your designs and this is fabulous.

NanaConnie said...

Ooooo, I love those polka dots! I would not have thought of using them myself without first seeing this. Fantastic, Jeanne. Gorgeous flower.

The Paper Parade said...

This is gorgeous Jeanne! I love the witch silhouette...and the orange flower, all the flourishes...wow!

Vickie Z said...

Well, you already know I love this but, I'll say it again...AWESOME!!! Love the stamping on patterned paper and the cluster is fabulous!!!

Kim Heggins said...

Congratulations on being a guest designer, how fun it that and what an honor. Your card is just so stunning, I love that adorable witch...she really makes for an elegant and spooky card!

Lisa Minckler said...

OMG! How eerily, ghoulishly, fantastic is this!! Your ideas just excell and evolve each and every post. I am in total shock and awe at this card!!

Sharron said...

Congrats on being Guest Designer! Your card is awesome with Wanda and the swirly accents on the polka dot background. I love the look of stamping on patterned paper--one of those things I forget about. Little touches like the fence behind the sentiment add so much!

Christina said...

We are so lucky to have you as a Guest Designer this month at CASE Study! I just adore your Halloween card, from the unique shape to the stamping on patterned paper to the gorgeous floral embellishment. This is so YOU and so beautiful!

JJ Bolton said...

I think it's so great how you can see the inspiration card in your card, but your card is still "you"! I love your totally fun but still uber-glamorous Halloween card!

Julia Aston said...

What a gorgeous composition Jeanne! love the dotted paper and beautiful rose!